Weigh-in frequency?

Options
2»

Replies

• malou1985
    malou1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale at home or i would probably weigh every time i walked passed it. i do my best to not weigh at all i schedule dr appt's for it, but i have been giving so much effort that lately i have cought myself weighing once a day, but i feel like i give 100 percent effort all day every day i deserve to see a bit of progrees atleast once a day
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Saturday morning is my official weigh-in day... but sometimes I'll weigh in during the week to see what it says. :smile:
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Seriously? No one else has made a hertz joke yet??
  • stakoc94
    stakoc94 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day - straight out of bed. I don't normally log it though but once a week.

The trick is not to obsess over it. As long as you see progress over time, all is well.

You didn't gain the weight overnight - you certainly won't lose it that fast.

Yep... me too. This way I get to feed my scale addiction but keep it real at the same time ;-)

This...
    I get up, pee, and get on the scale. If I see a loss or a maintain, great! If I see the scale go up it just keeps me more focused for the day with my meals and workouts.

As others stated trying to not obsess is hard so I allow a daily weigh in just in the morning, but only log on Monday mornings.
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    When I first started I weighed myself daily, but now that I am losing weight slower I only weigh once every week or two.
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I usually weight myself every Sunday and Wednesday morning, before I eat breakfast, and naked.
  • Polarpaly05
    Polarpaly05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that wakes up, gets on the scale, goes to the restroom and gets back on the scale to see how much I lost?
  • BlondeViki
    BlondeViki Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Once a week. If I did it more often, I'd drive myself crazy.

I weighed myself this past Saturday morning as I always do and was disappointed to see I had actually gained .2 lb. On Sunday morning, I stepped on the scale (still in PJs and everything; I normally weigh nude) just to satisfy my curiosity and I was down 1.4 lb from the day before. Of course I didn't lose 1.4 lb in one day, it was just a weight fluctuation, so I didn't log it. I won't weigh in again until this upcoming Saturday, so we'll see where I stand then. But it drove me crazy that the numbers were so different and I started wondering if my scale was broken. Nope, once a week for me is more than enough!

I don't understand the logic of weighing yourself multiple times a day, though.

I agree with you!

I weigh in on Friday or Saturday mornings, with the hope that the results will keep me on track over the weekend.
    My weight seems to fluctuate by anywhere up to 4 pounds within a week and seeing it higher on some days than others would be demotivating for me. I find by only weighing in once a week, the general trend is always downwards :)
  • onionparsleysage
    onionparsleysage Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I weigh and track every day, because I like data and numbers and like to see fun spikes and dips on the graph.

Then again, I am a giant (well, not so giant anymore :smile: ) nerd.

This :)

I like seeing the number, even if it goes up. But I just treat it as interesting data about my body, not something to obsess about.
  • AlmightyAce
    AlmightyAce Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, right after I get up and use the restroom. I don't freak out if the number goes up, but I only log losses in MFP; I log everything in an app called Weightbot.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning straight out of bed and naked for consistency :)

this
  • kacykap
    kacykap Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Once a week because I don't want to obsess. Not having a scale makes this easier.
  • Kathrynrbg
    Kathrynrbg Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I weigh and track every day, because I like data and numbers and like to see fun spikes and dips on the graph.

Then again, I am a giant (well, not so giant anymore :smile: ) nerd.

Yeah the same here, except I am a small data nerd.
  • yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and we have a withings scale so it automatically sends to MFP. No hiding there, or not logging it. If I gain weight MFP says nothing. If I lose weight there is a party and it is on my home page. I know the body has fluctuations, I just don't like seeing them.

I do have to say I was weighing myself weekly, but it was the day I saw an increase and that is not fun when only weighing once a week, so I switched to daily.

After counting calories and exercising for 2 weeks now I have finally LOST 1.8 pounds instead of the constant gain I saw for 2 weeks. Yes, that was depressing.

And if you haven't guessed by my post, I have a pretty serious case of OCD where my scale and the weight are concerned.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but only log the losses. Seeing the spikes from water weight drive me crazy. I like to see the overall downward trend.