Just started today - Need some motivation!!

Options
Hey! So I just started today and I really want to stick to it and lose this weight. I'm looking for some motivation so please add me or I'll add you. Also, I'm always looking for new (healthy..obvi) recipes, exercises etc...please share :wink:

Wish me luck and good luck to all of you!

Replies

• jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I love motivating friends.
  • Parthus02
    Parthus02 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started today too. I can already tell my problem is not going to be so much my caloric intake, but carbs and sugar. Also looking for some motivation/accountability. I'm planning on doing some zumba to exercise because I love to dance and I'm told it pretty much blasts anywhere from 400 - 1000 calories per workout (depending on effort and the person of course). That being said, I'm definitely going to need some recipes sans carbs and sugar to fill get up to my net caloric intake.

Good luck
  • creammarie
    creammarie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've always thought about doing Zumba, it seems like it would be fun! I got Insanity for christmas and have yet to use it. I also reactivated my YMCA membership so I really want to try the 60 day challenge with Insanity as well as go to the Y. The hard part for me is getting the motivation to do it and not chill on the couch and watch TV (and stuff my face). I wish you the best of luck!
  • Kimberlaw01
    Kimberlaw01 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Honestly ... I am doing a combination of Richard Simmons Sweatin' To The Oldies and the Biggest Loser workout with Bob (can't stand Jillian). I will also be starting Turbo Jam pretty soon now that I have a bit of endurance! Just over 40 days in and have lose over 18 pounds! Just count all of your calories on here, work in some exercise and you will be awesome. No magic, just step by step :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!!!

it was my biometric screening several years ago that finally gave me an extra Kick. It was my cholestoral and that really got me. I have young kids, I need to take care of myself as much as I can so I'm here for Them.

Glad to help!
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on another "just started" thread, but feel free to send a friend request if you like. I try to log on daily and chime in when I feel like I've got something to add. Good luck guys.
  • jade_222
    jade_222 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm currently doing Insanity. I'm on day 2 of month 2. I would suggest starting a group for Insanity. Post it ahead of time and let everyone know your starting date. My Insanity group on here has kept me motivated, which is needed for Insanity. If you like you can check out our group and see what I mean. Just use search to pull up Insanity Challenge February 17th.

I would definitely try Insanity, I have lost 8 pounds so far and at least 8 inches all over (I did my last measurements about 2 weeks ago so have lost more since then).

Good luck! And remember to log, especially before you eat. It has stopped me from snacking in the past!
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    invite me as a friend, i'm always posting my activities, also on FB-Charisse McGuire

welcome!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Hi, add me if you wish!
  • sparkkles
    Options
    Hi, you can add me :) I'm searching for motivational friends here too
  • trentw24
    trentw24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also have 0 freinds on here, feel free to add. I went away from the app but need to get back to it.
  • dchief30
    dchief30 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    hey you can add me too