confused.. do i eat all of my calories each day or not?

Options
i have started mfp last week and have yet to lose weight. i have been just under my calories for the day each day but i am not sure if i am supposed to eat that much or cut them down. I exercise 5-6 days a week mixing netball, gym and boot camp but not sure where i am going wrong. please advise need to drop this baby weight i am going insane

Aimee

Replies

• 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Eat them all!
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Along with some of the calories you burn through exercise.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I eat my calorie goal plus 1/2-3/4 of my exercise calories back depending on how hungry I am.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yes eat them all...but make sure you know how much you are eating...if you have a kitchen scale use it...if you don't get one and use cups etc until you can get one.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    When you set up your profile, MFP estimated the amount of calories you burn in a day without exercise based on:
    -Height

MFP then takes this estimated number of calories and subtracts your deficit. For instance if you wanted to lose 1lb per week:
    Estimated Daily Burn (no Exercise) - 500 calories = your daily goal
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yes eat them all...but make sure you know how much you are eating...if you have a kitchen scale use it...if you don't get one and use cups etc until you can get one.

Agreed!

Occasionally I will eat Only 1200 to shock my body a little but rarely do I do that.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    i have started mfp last week and have yet to lose weight. i have been just under my calories for the day each day but i am not sure if i am supposed to eat that much or cut them down. I exercise 5-6 days a week mixing netball, gym and boot camp but not sure where i am going wrong. please advise need to drop this baby weight i am going insane

Aimee

It depends on a lot of things. Did you tell MFP you're sedentary and that you want to lose 2 lbs a week? Then yes, eat all your calories and ALL your exercise calories. If you have less than, say, 20 lbs to lose, you should be aiming for a more modest 1/2 lb loss weekly. If that's the case, your daily target will be built with less of a deficit (only 250 calories from estimated total daily burn).

What is your goal? What did you tell MFP? Your MFP target is based on the info you provided.