Loosing weight with JUST mfp

Options
13»

Replies

• BriTyler3
    BriTyler3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yes only MFP & exercise, before I would "diet" I did it so wrong not eating enough etc. Idk where I'd be w/o MFP to guide me & keep me on track
  • struttdaddy
    Options
    I usually pre-log the day before to know where I'm at on calories and macros.
    ^This
  • BobbiTracey
    Options
    Yep this is my first time using anything to lose weight and all you need is MFP. I've been on for a week and lost a kg so far :)
    Sometimes the calorie intake can be a bit off, but that's when you might need to explore the options and pick the food from the drop-down menu that is closest to the food you have. Usually you can almost guess how much a food item is going to be in calories,and then you can make your own numbers to how much you've thought you've eaten, though I wouldn't suggest that!
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • AnnieRN6
    AnnieRN6 Posts: 48
    Options
    I've tried a variety of different things over the years. (Example: I lost only 13 pounds in 13 months on Jenny Craig, and spent about a thousand dollars.) In less than a month on MFP, I've lost five pounds. I make sure that I exercise for 70 minutes (exercise bike, walking on crutches, and even marching in place) several times a week, I write down everything I eat, and all of my activity, and it works. And I'm on crutches!
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight my whole life. MFP is the only thing that ever woked for me, been on here since 2011. And I've tried it all: Jenny Craig, nutri system, WW, slimfast, body for life, starvation, you name it!

I focused on my food first and gradually incorporated exercise. It really is all about the deficit, how you go about creating that: through food intake or exercise or a combination of both (ideally) doesn't really matter.

Teresa
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yes...I lost every pound by using MFP and just eating at a deficit. No fad diets this time!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Yes. It works. Its easy. Its free. And mostly...YES, IT WORKS.
  • Kixshots
    Kixshots Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just use MFP. Follow the calorie and macro guidelines, and eat all the same things I did before, just less of them.

I will warn you of one thing though, this place has a tendency to make you healthier. You're probably going to start cooking more and making more nutritionally-dense food choices once you really get into logging, because eating out a lot or the prepackaged stuff just isn't worth the calories or lack of nutrients. Especially when those calories could be used later on dessert. :blushing:

Omg this!! xD I love cooking healthy stuff now and I never used to
  • oliolioli92
    oliolioli92 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! All this talk about exercise made me hit circuit training tonight. As for the 1200, I am not finding it difficult at the moment, so will keep going and re assess next week :)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • Veshapidze
    Options
    I use MFP for weight loss but also to eat healthy. I regularly check my Carb/Fat/Protein ratio and also look at vitamin, potassium and other chems (you need to find and log foods that do track those - usually USDA data is pretty accurate). I do this to see how my cholesterol levels are at my annual check-up.

Some might think that weight loss is the only thing that matters but the fact is you can harm yourself by maintaining a bad diet (even if you lose weight).

One other important factor is working out the habit to to care and track what I eat.