Calling all tall girls, glamazons, and those in progress :)

Options

Replies

• PrimaDonnaaD
    PrimaDonnaaD Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So glad i found this post!!!!
    I am 5'9.5 and i weigh 216 trying to get to 170!!
  • sofiacunningham
    sofiacunningham Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 24 and just under 5'10. I weighed 221 pounds at my heaviest 2.5 years ago. My lightest since has been 168lbs but at the moment I'm at around 177lbs. I keep yoyo-ing between 175 and 185lbs and it's doing my head in. Struggling with the whole binging thing.. if I could reach 160lbs that'd be great. Hopefully by this summer... better get a move on, huh?

Impressed with you all for your determination and success!!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Glamazon.....Imma have to remember that one.

I'm 5'9" with a starting weight of 205 lbs. I'm down to 197 lbs and working to my first big goal at 190.
  • RavenaRae
    RavenaRae Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's fantastic to see all the tall girls on this site!

I'm 6'1" and 243.2, goal weight is 175. I lost 40 lbs several years ago and thankfully kept all but 5 lbs off. Had some health issues to fix but now I'm getting back on track and ready to get some weight off!!

Add me as a friend please, the more support the better. It'll be great to have some tall girl friends.
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yay tallies. I'm 5'10" got about 10 left before my graduation. I'm gluten free pescatarian, diary open and I log daily!
  • demitraknows
    demitraknows Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    5'11 and I want to lose about 25 pounds total. My goal weight is 160 so that I will have wiggle room.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Hi there, 5'9", large frame, feel free to add me.
  • KHal11715
    KHal11715 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'9" and looking to lose about 15-20lbs. My main goal is to continue working out and advance my fitness level. I recently just started lifting (Les Mills Pump) and running (which I used to HATE and now I kind of like it). Working my way to run a 5k all the way through. Feel free to add me! :)
  • kristincreate
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'9" and currently 155 lbs. I never set myself a goal weight but the number 140 is floating around in my head. I am working lower my BF %. I LOVE lifting heavy weights. Love having motivating friends with similar goals so feel free to add me!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, currently 179lbs.......would love to hit 130s.
  • NightLightRaine01
    NightLightRaine01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, the last 10 years I've lost 562lbs. I started to finish the journey 1/1/14. I've have lost 62lbs-looking to get to 140.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Tall girls way to go.
    I am older and your height range and 170 pounds. I know you can do it. I love the term glamazons, new word for me.
    Good luck and stay with it. You can do it.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I would love anyone from this thread to add me!!!!!

My highest weight ever was 250. I gained about 40 pounds in a year due to being in a new relationship with someone who had horrible habits. Well once we broke up, I lost those 40 pounds and am currently 210. My ultimate goal weight is 165 but I would probably be happy at 175-180. Oh, and I'm almost 5'11 :flowerforyou:
  • svsilva3
    svsilva3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hello,

I am 6'1". I currently weigh 250lbs and am looking to lose 70 pounds. Glad to see there are so many tall ladies out there.
  • Armagan123
    Armagan123 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am 176cm. (5.9"), 101kg. (222 pounds) currently and 42 years old. I want to be 70 kg.(154 pounds) eventually but my first goal is being down to 90 kg. (198 pounds). I am a full time working mom with a quite stressful job which really does not help with my weight loss but I am trying.
  • claired78
    claired78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! 5'10 3/4" ( really just 5' 11") ha! Weighed in this am at 208.8, and looking to get down to 165-170. I am 35, have three kids (11, 9, and 5) and am in school nights (will be finished May 6). So excited about this group! My food diary is public and would love for y'all to add me! Thanks!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 45, 5' 10 1/2", currently 171 lbs (down from 209) and thinking I want to hit 165 but really that's just a guess. It's what I weighed when I started college. I would love to have more friends with a goal weight closer to my own...I know I'll never be 125 like some of my friends with smaller builds. Feel free to add me and let me know you saw me in this thread! :)

If it matters, my current calorie goal is 2100 (I do TDEE - 10%) and I exercise 6 days a week doing at home strength training, cardio, and HIIT. I'm happy to have friends who do things completely differently, but I know some people get discouraged looking at diaries with higher calorie counts so just a heads up. Probably less of a problem among us tall girls. :)
  • longshadows17
    longshadows17 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    5'10 and a little bit here. Always fit and muscular, lost 13 pounds in the last year to tone up. Hit 149 today! The 140s are where I'd like to maintain. Went away for a few months having transferred offices, and came back having lost the last 5 pounds and now people are making anorexic comments. *Sigh*. Sooo predictable.
  • kieraxp
    kieraxp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! :-)

I'm in the same boat! Currently 25 and starting a new career. During the past 7 years or so a lot of life happened and weight gain was one of many results.

I'm 5'9 and currently 248lbs with body fat around 39% (taken Sept2013). I want to get down to 165lbs and half the body fat. Even at my lowest weight (165) I was curvy and had a good bit of muscle/tone and I look forward to getting that back!
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9". I am 35. I weigh 260 ish. I am currently not weighing myself. I am focusing on counting my calories (10 days in a row of counting!! That is a record for me!! I usually give up every weekend and spend the week losing what I gained over the weekend.) Anyway - I am focusing on some NSV's for a little while.

I am aiming to get down to 170. Though, I would be happy with a muscular, fit 180. I have two boys. My second was just born in May. I am all done having babies (TG!) and I look forward to losing the weight once and for all.

I am a runner! I love doing 5k's. I am registered for a few this year and I am registered for a HM in September (it will be the third time I have done it... THIS year I SWEAR I will do it in under 3 hours). I am doing the Spartan race in CT at Mohegan Sun in June.

My biggest weaknesses are - cheese, good beer, cheap wine and Captain Morgan.