P90X

Options

Replies

• freemanalicia
    freemanalicia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 and feeling great! It's my night time exercise.. I go to the gym in the morning and do it at night... Can't wait to see results.. my mom lost 30 lbs!!!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    What kind of equipment do you need for P90X?

A place to do pull-ups, either resistance bands or dumbbells, heart rate monitor, yoga mat and block.
  • ewarm24
    Options
    I did Insanity first when I was 240lbs(worst shape of my life) I felt like throwing up every day after the works outs but I lost 18lbs and lost another 12lbs and put on some muscle back that I lost. Went from size 38 to 32, but some 32s are too tight around the thighs.
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    What kind of equipment do you need for P90X?
    I have a yoga mat, resistance bands and some light weights (need to get something heavier for when this stuff gets easy). We have a chin up bar but it's not up yet, so I just loop resistance bands around my curtain rod and use that as they show you as a replacement for pull ups. There are also these bar things to help with push ups, but aren't required.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,707 Member
    Options
    YAY for all the replies!!! I'm doing the lean version and unfortunately, the discs are hand-me-downs, so I don't have the nutrition plan. Last week all I did was crave food and carbs and I think I did more harm than good.... which is why I am back to myfitnesspal (I had been taking a break from counting calories and was just trying to eat healthy) since I seem to require a bit more self accountability. I have done from reading on the message boards about trying to do 20%fat, 40-50% protein and 30-40% carbs so will try to stick to that using the food diary here.

Cindaroses, jlynny1811, debbyrae3 - shall we start a specific thread to stay in touch or just use this?? I've never started a long term group thread before!!

I did plyometrics last week instead of kenpo (wasn't the biggest fan of the 10 minutes of it in cardio) and boy did my calves hurt the next 2 days. This is the first exercise program I've been really excited about!!! Here's to sticking with it and seeing results!!
    Best of luck to you! I've done three rounds, so I know what you're going through. I've done it with and without following the nutrition plan, and I got my best results just using MFP. BUT, if you wanted to use the nutrition plan, Beachbody has it available for download now (and it's free): http://teambeachbody.com/home/-/dl_get_file/32ea4c06-2287-4660-8adc-8db758929d28

If you're like me, as you go through the 90 days, you may change your mind about which your favorite workouts are. I learned to find something to look forward to in each one, even if I didn't always love them all in their entirety. :tongue:

Enjoy!
  • justforme8
    justforme8 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the link to the meal plan, I lost mine when we moved a couple of years ago, and I just got the OK from the doctor MINUS the abripperx, just had a c-section 2 months ago, and MAN do I miss P90! Im starting this today! ;)
  • Boopa
    Boopa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are almost at 30 days, today is week 4 day 1 for the p90x-lean for me, classic for him. Sadly I haven't lost any weight but I have dropped 14 inches over all so far and look forward to continuing. We are following it as close as we can(my husband works shifts in a labour intense job) so sometimes can't do the work out on a particular day, or we might switch a day to take off instead of the "scheduled" and continue the next day. We are not following the nutrition plan. We are very happy with the program.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the link to the meal plan, I lost mine when we moved a couple of years ago, and I just got the OK from the doctor MINUS the abripperx, just had a c-section 2 months ago, and MAN do I miss P90! Im starting this today! ;)
    You're welcome. Another neat, fairly new, tool on Beachbody is the Meal Plan Wizard. It's a little more specific way to nail down your calories than just the three nutrition levels to choose from in the nutrition plan: http://teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/meal-plans/diet-wizard Personally, I prefer it to the nutrition plan or using an HRM for figuring my calories.
  • Irishaingeal
    Options
    I have started and stopped a few times. but I just started yesterday. So on Day 2 of lean program. And i plan on finishing it. I started it to end the day i go visit my boyfriend. Cardio X today. One of my favs.
  • ZebraGlee78
    ZebraGlee78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. Another neat, fairly new, tool on Beachbody is the Meal Plan Wizard. It's a little more specific way to nail down your calories than just the three nutrition levels to choose from in the nutrition plan: http://teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/meal-plans/diet-wizard Personally, I prefer it to the nutrition plan or using an HRM for figuring my calories.

This is awesome! I just checked it out and was recommended a high protein/low carb diet. I googled for ideas and ran across several people warning about this. My point is I'll do this "diet" (ahemmealplanahem) and go back to this website after I lose some weight and see what it recommends, and of course, supplements!
  • PJilly
    Options

This is awesome! I just checked it out and was recommended a high protein/low carb diet. I googled for ideas and ran across several people warning about this. My point is I'll do this "diet" (ahemmealplanahem) and go back to this website after I lose some weight and see what it recommends, and of course, supplements!
    I just use it for the calories and do my own thing when it comes to percentages. I feel like crud when I do low-carb, and eating lots of carbs has never hindered my fat loss, provided my total calories are in check, so that's how I roll. :bigsmile: Your mileage may vary.
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    thanks for the link to the nutrition info online and welcome to the others just starting (or slightly ahead).
    I am so please that we have this little group together to keep each other motivated.

I did arms and shoulders today and am beginning to feel it. Hopefully only sore in a good way tomorrow. I did figure out I need some heavier weights though. I tried to do it mostly with the bands, but had to shorten them a decent amount to really work the muscles.

what weights do others use or do you stick to bands?
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I tried the bands and hated them. I'm more of a dumbell or kettlebell girl. There's something about having them in our hands and feeling the weight that gets there. I used 10lb dumbbells, I need 12 and 15, but couldn't find them locally. I switch up on some of the single handed ones for my 25lb kettlebell and am always much happier with it.
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    question for the seasoned p90xers!! Yesterday was back and biceps for me, I am on week 10!! Through out the day, my lower back/ center waist started hurting! This morning when I tried doing yogax, I was in allot of pain, and ended up stopping and just doing the stretch x video! i am bummed about this and really hope in the morning I feel better so i can do back and legs! Do you all have any recommendations! I hate to have gotten hurt this far into the program!
    Cindy
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    question for the seasoned p90xers!! Yesterday was back and biceps for me, I am on week 10!! Through out the day, my lower back/ center waist started hurting! This morning when I tried doing yogax, I was in allot of pain, and ended up stopping and just doing the stretch x video! i am bummed about this and really hope in the morning I feel better so i can do back and legs! Do you all have any recommendations! I hate to have gotten hurt this far into the program!
    Cindy

You might have gotten a muscle cramp/spasm of some kind. I would recommend a good protein shake with glutamine in it. Glutamine is great for muscle recovery. Are you eating 40%-50% protein as the program recommends? If all else fails, Aleve Gel Caps work great for soreness.
  • dtenzie
    Options
    I use the Selecttechs which are adjustable. They are bulky but you don’t have to go looking for weights. Set the weights from 5 to 52 lbs and that’s it :-).
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Cindy

You might have gotten a muscle cramp/spasm of some kind. I would recommend a good protein shake with glutamine in it. Glutamine is great for muscle recovery. Are you eating 40%-50% protein as the program recommends? If all else fails, Aleve Gel Caps work great for soreness.

Thanks for the response! I just finished legs and back! I was able to do it but didn't bring it to avoid any pain! But I still managed 578 calories burned! Yes, I do follow 40/40/20%, and taking my supplements! I think the mason twist did to me, boo hoo! No ab work for me today!
  • edorice
    Options
    A break from mason twists was a good idea. i found that on days that I don't have my protein shake and still eat my protein I feel more sore. So even though you're getting in your 40-50% protein in food, if you're not getting in a recovery drink/shake after the workout you will feel more sore.
  • kolbyjack
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you are all still pushing play. I am pretty sad cause lady I started p90x with on here hasn't logged in in three days. I need some support. Haha. I am on day 8. I just did chest and back with ARX and a few minutes on the elliptical. I am really loving this program!
  • edorice
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you are all still pushing play. I am pretty sad cause lady I started p90x with on here hasn't logged in in three days. I need some support. Haha. I am on day 8. I just did chest and back with ARX and a few minutes on the elliptical. I am really loving this program!

If you don't find anybody that is on the same schedule as you are here, then you will surely find it on the beachbody web-site forums.