What is the best pedometer/fitness tracker to purchase?

Options
I have been thinking about purchasing a fitness tracker/ pedometer. I want to be able to track my steps, calories burned, etc. I don't want to spend too much money either and would prefer one that I can wear like a watch. What kind do you own if you own one?... In your opinion, what is the best one out there?... Thanks for all the help! :)

Replies

• bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I've tried various pedometers, typically the most expensive being in the $20.00 or so range because I tend to lose them. The most expensive ones were given to me as gifts, and I usually lost them or they broke the soonest. New Balance makes the worst ones. They were tremendously inaccurate and would end up not working after a couple of weeks. I think I returned 3 in a row.

The crazy thing is the best one that I found is a Sportline, it's a cheapie from Walmart, and goes for between $4 and $6. It's pretty accurate -- the distance to go around my neighborhood twice is a 1.5, and it always registers that correctly. They changed the design, so it doesn't have the spring clip to put on your waistband, which I don't like as much. Anyway, I manage to keep one of those for at least a year before it breaks or the battery dies.

I'd like to win a Fitbit (my gym is having a contest), but I don't have a smartphone and I'd also be afraid to lose it.
  • tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about purchasing a fitness tracker/ pedometer. I want to be able to track my steps, calories burned, etc. I don't want to spend too much money either and would prefer one that I can wear like a watch. What kind do you own if you own one?... In your opinion, what is the best one out there?... Thanks for all the help! :)

What do you consider not too much?

I love my Fitbit but that may be more than you want to spend.
  • trivard676
    trivard676 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I know you want something on the inexpensive side, but if you're willing to spend a little bit of money, the Fitbits are pretty decent. Notwithstanding the recent issues with the Fitbit Force (allergic reactions prompting recalls) of course. Fitbits that you can wear on your hip or even the inside of your bra are surprisingly helpful.

I have one, and I'm honestly amazed at all of the stuff that it tracks, not just your steps. The only downside is that it can be a little sensitive to movements of your wrists and hands (if you wear them there. I tend to move my hands a lot, even when I'm at the desk (I mean who doesn't, right?) and it registers those as steps.

Good luck finding one you can hold onto ;D
  • Corinne_Rose
    Options

What do you consider not too much?

I love my Fitbit but that may be more than you want to spend.

I've been looking at the Fitbit. I guess no more than $100 would be my price range. How much did you pay for yours? Where can I find a Fitbit?
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Fitbit train. I've had a Flex for about a month & I love it. It's accurate & consistent, tracks a TON of different stuff, syncs seamlessly with MFP, & is waterproof so you can literally put it on & forget about it until you have to charge it. Mine was $99 & I got it from Target!
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    The most accurate fitness tracker is the BodyMedia Fit, but a lot of people don't like them because you wear it on your arm.