Curious about logging after midnight..

AwesomeGuy37
AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
What if you finish up a late day and eat after 1, 2, 5 AM before going to bed..?
Do you log it on the same day as dinner? ..or the following day as breakfast?

I tend to go midnight to 11:59 PM and log my late night as the following breakfast. My girlfriend says she logs from when she gets up til she goes to bed as a day.
How do you guys do it?

Replies

• ChampagneHrglss
    ChampagneHrglss Posts: 42 Member
    I do mine from sleep to sleep. If I stay up until 3am tonight and eat something at 1am, I'll count it as a Tuesday food. Until I've given my body that time to rest and do its magical metabolism/digestion crap while I'm sleeping, it's still "one day" for me.

Interesting topic, though, I'm curious to see what people say.
  • missbehave79
    missbehave79 Posts: 15 Member
    It just depends on what I'm doing and what meal it is. I work nights, so on the nights I work I usually count it as the day before. If I have a snack towards 5 am or later I will usually count it the next day. it all evens out anyway so I don't try to worry about it too much.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    I do mine from sleep to sleep. If I stay up until 3am tonight and eat something at 1am, I'll count it as a Tuesday food. Until I've given my body that time to rest and do its magical metabolism/digestion crap while I'm sleeping, it's still "one day" for me.

Interesting topic, though, I'm curious to see what people say.

My girlfriend does that. Some days we stay up til 5 AM and she has troubles running into going over her daily goal. I try to convince her to eat it and log it the next day as breakfast because I believe we need to eat every 3-4 hours. How do you deal with those kind of days if you have them?
  • NatiaGonitellie
    NatiaGonitellie Posts: 355 Member
    As long as I'm going to sleep at-least 8 hours no mater what time I go to bed; I log everything on the day I begin. Say I start my day at 2 pm Tuesday and I have a snack a few hours before bed lets say around 3 am Wednesday. I log the snack as if it were still Tuesday.

If I have been up 24 - 48 hours then I loge according to the calender.
  • benjaminlight
    benjaminlight Posts: 78 Member
    Either way... you're turning into a gremlin.
  • Cudleigh
    Cudleigh Posts: 188 Member
    I frequently stay up very late (e.g sometimes 'til like 6am). I don't go by midnight. I go by when I go to sleep. Although this does get messy on the days I don't actually sleep, in which case I have to go by midnight (otherwise that day would be crazy. :o)
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Per calendar day, midnight to midnight.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    I'd say from sleep to sleep. If this is an average day for you than your morning is technically later as well. Just keeps it simpler to keep it in the same day as well!
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    I vote sleep to sleep. I usually work out after midnight and count it for the day before.
  • kmtbeaulieu
    kmtbeaulieu Posts: 33 Member
    12-12

:)
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    I work nights and my sleep schedule is all sorts of confused, so I log midnight to midnight. Sometimes I'm so hungry at work that I just can't wait for midnight to come around. *shrug*

It gets confusing to people peeking at my log, because "dinner" will be some time in the wee hours of the morning and be logged as my first meal of the day...but it is what it is.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    I work nights and my sleep schedule is all sorts of confused, so I log midnight to midnight. Sometimes I'm so hungry at work that I just can't wait for midnight to come around. *shrug*

It gets confusing to people peeking at my log, because "dinner" will be some time in the wee hours of the morning and be logged as my first meal of the day...but it is what it is.

Confusing? Who says we can't have "dinner" for breakfast? :bigsmile:
    Leftovers sometimes make a great start to a day.
    I eat breakfast for dinner, dinner for breakfast, and snack for lunch. lol. I have labeled my meals #1-#6 because I can never follow the norms.