mothers and belly rings

Options

Replies

• dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    You'll end up doing what you want in the end, but I personally took mine out after reaching a certain age. It had nothing to do with childbirth.

:wink: I support this message! IMHO belly rings are pleasing on very fit tummies and they look trashy on women over a certain age. But getting it and showing it in public don't have to go hand in hand. This is my general opinion and not directed to the OP who looks awesome.

If you got a killer body at 80 and are classy then how do you get trashy?? LOL I think it would be trashy if your overweight 1 and 2 show it off ,which, one who is that much over weight should not be wearing small swimsuits anyways!!

So, a person shouldn't be judged for having a belly ring , but an overweight person should not wear a bikini as you think it looks trashy?

lol
  • HawaiianGoddess
    Options
    Ive had mine since I was 17.... its always in imo..looks sexy..gl:)
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm getting it done Friday. I'm rather excited. It's not to.show off. I've always wanted it. Guess you could say it's on my bucket list as well. Lol

How exciting! I understand you're not showing it off, but I'd still love to see it! Give me some motivation to lose my weight after baby and get one! How fun! Best of Luck!
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    This is no different than girls buying skinny jeans because they want to and feel confident enough to do so. Do what you want if you like it!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    You'll end up doing what you want in the end, but I personally took mine out after reaching a certain age. It had nothing to do with childbirth.

:wink: I support this message! IMHO belly rings are pleasing on very fit tummies and they look trashy on women over a certain age. But getting it and showing it in public don't have to go hand in hand. This is my general opinion and not directed to the OP who looks awesome.

wow what age is that ??? Just want to make sure I don't "look trashy" at my age showing off my belly ring...:bigsmile:

ETA: if it's over 40 good thing my husband of 32 likes trashy looking women...
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I got one when I was 18, and I had two babies at 30 and 33 (I'm currently 33). I took it out before my first pregnancy because it was annoying while I was wearing a suit, plus I figured I'd be pregnant soon anyway and might have to take it out. I have let the piercing close up.

I have a small scar above my navel from the piercing, but you probably wouldn't notice it unless you were looking for it. It kind of looks like a larger freckle, and I have plenty of freckles, so no biggie. My skin on that part of my belly is fine, so I'd consider having it redone when I reach goal. (I got really small between baby #1 and baby #2, so I know it would look fine.) It's my lower belly skin that has some issues. I don't know how your upper belly is, but if you're confident enough to wear a bikini, you're confident enough to show off your piercing in public :)

But if it makes you happy, I wouldn't worry about how it appears to others anyway!
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I got my belly pierced at 27 and I wore a size 18 jeans then. I am 34 and down to a 14/12 and I still wear mine. I think it's sexy and my hubby loves it no matter my size. Do it for you not the mean people!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I'm getting it done Friday. I'm rather excited. It's not to.show off. I've always wanted it. Guess you could say it's on my bucket list as well. Lol

That's how I am with a tattoo. LOL. Good on you!
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options

wow what age is that ??? Just want to make sure I don't "look trashy" at my age showing off my belly ring...:bigsmile:

ETA: if it's over 40 good thing my husband of 32 likes trashy looking women...

Oh I totally love you!!!
  • SSAHM
    SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've had mine done since I was 15. I'm now 23 with 2 kids and a 3rd on the way. Mine isn't as pretty as it used to be because when I was pregnant with my first I got a big stretch Mark straight across where the piercing is so it's a bit stretched. I still wear it though because I like it. I imaging it would look better once I can loose the extra kilos from my belly so that everything is a little tighter lol.
  • katierrt
    katierrt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to post a pic, but I had a few kids and I got my naval pierced at 33 y/o. Still working on toning my abs but it doesn't look bad and I am now 44 and would do it over again! :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Go for it!!
    Sorry, I won't post a pic, as modesty is a big thing for me (showing myself in a tank top is as far as I go! Lol) but I also have one, am 33 and had a csection!! My husband likes it and he's the only one opinion I care about anyway. So go for it! You look great!!! You should do it :-)
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    46. Fit. Got pierced. Yes, I'm so trashy.

OP, I pm'd you a while back. Hope you followed your heart.
  • AnikaP81
    AnikaP81 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have one but I've had it since I was 16, I'm now almost 33 and with 3 kids I still have it in but I never show it off, the reason I still have it is because I like it and I don't like my belly button, do things in life because you want to not because others want you to, I say go for it xx

I am just curious- I've never had one - so did you have to take it out when your belly started getting big or did your stomach just adapt with it in?? I know I didn't have much skin to spare towards the 8th month lol

I got mine when I was 22 and had kids at 29 and 30 y/o. I left the piercing in throughout both pregnancies (i.e. delivered with piercing LOL). They make flexible ones (teflon) and those are longer too. So that's what I wore the last month of my pregnancies :)

Still wear it, I love it :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    OP, just think of this as another victory for your journey. So go for it.

Everyone else, lets play nice... I don't need more work... there really is no need to violate the below two rules:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    <-- mine's in - don't know if you can see it in the pic. I've had it for 15 years, and when I got it my skin was pretty stretched and I still had a pooch belly. and I loved having it and I do still. go for it, if you want it!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I have one. Usually wear chandeliers, sometimes even a chain :)
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    If you have the stomach for it go for it! I personally love them and I am 35.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I see that all of my replies but one got deleted!!

anyway OP, if you want it, go for it!! You look great and if it makes you happy, then do it! :-)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I have one. I've had it since I was 18. I took it out during my pregnancies (3 of them) and put it back in after. It didn't close up. It's very small though, just a little purple barbell. You can't even see it in any of my profile pictures.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!