Does the Special K diet work well?

Options
2»

Replies

• deliacm
    deliacm Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If you know what the family is having for dinner, then reverse engineer your food intake. It was important to me that when I went on a diet the whole family didn't have to change to accommodate my problem. I preload what I'm having for dinner and then figure out how I should eat the rest of the day. I've never hungry during the day because I'll just load up on all kinds of veggies and low calorie foods on the days our dinner is more calorie loaded. I've always had the same dinner as my family, including all the good stuff, and have never gone over 1500.
  • blueberrykitten
    blueberrykitten Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    1500 sounds realistic - thank you.

And to the user who goes by the name of missiontofit: I think you are right. I have already started to change some of my habits such as cutting out pop out of my diet and eating healthier snacks. Oh and I have been eating back my calories. There is no way that I could not.

if you do TDEE method that I suggested you do not eat back exercise calories because they are built in ….

I just realized how to quote people on here. And for real?! I think I am probably going to anyways.

yes, for real :)

If you eat back your exercise calories when doing TDEE it is not going to work …

You can either do MFP method of TDEE method, but you can not do a combo of both ..as they are based on different set of goals…

If you do MFP method just enter your stats in MFP and set it for 1 pound weight loss ..the only problem with this method is that the burns that the database gives you are not that accurate ….

I personally prefer TDEE method and have used it for a few years now and it works for me …

Okay I gotcha. 1500 calories is a bit easier than the 1200 calories I have been doing anyways.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Oh yea it works if you stick to it. I would have better snacks though. Like fruit or something. I did that and slimfast in past. It works short term. If you like the produce you can do it and it's a cheap diet