TMI, BUT missed period when starting out ?

Options
I have been logging for 38 days now, i workout a lot. I am fully aware that emotional stress, change in routine, physical stress among other things can delay or completely cause a missed period. Has any other woman on here experienced this when they first started their new lifestyle ?

Replies

• JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I started on MFP 14 days ago and then BAM! My TOM came 8 days early! Gr!

So, it changed for me, but came earlier....
  • jsugihara86
    jsugihara86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I missed a period, just started finally 2 days ago and its been an awful period. But I think its pretty common to miss a period when you starting working out really hard. Hormones change.. ect. Id test just to make sure... but you'll probably start the minute u take a pee test... lol. :)
  • jessicagilb
    jessicagilb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yup. I guess my uterus is sensitive to diet & exercise?? Last year I started MFP to lose weight to get pregnant- lost my period and had to get on fertility meds. Started again 5mos post baby (we're done now so i don't care.) and boom, lost my period again. its been 3 mos now and have yet to have one. Like I said. I don't mind, kind of nice actually.
  • babyblueclouds49
    babyblueclouds49 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I thought I skipped mine, but mine was only 5 days late. Wish I had a month or 2 free of it, not gonna lie LOL.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    fat makes estrogen, so its possible your hormone levels have changed. its a bit early for that though unless you lost a lot of weight. i've lost 13 and no change to my cycle so far.
  • Rhydiah
    Rhydiah Posts: 2
    Options
    I started working out like a month and a half ago, and my last period was very late. So yea, I just assumed it was because I went from absolutely no exercise to exercising 5 days a week lol.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Yep. Mine are very sensitive to this sort of thing and my cycle went haywire when I was losing...trying to stabilize now.
  • amazinglyjae
    amazinglyjae Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies ! I appreciate the feedback. Funny thing, as soon as i posted this, i went to the bathroom and BAM. Lol. Just wanted to read other stories similar to mine :)