Not Enough Calories

Options
I've been trying to eat healthy and started counting my macros but, at the end of the day my calorie intake
is not enough. I don't know what else to eat that is good for you and I don't have money to go out and buy
a lot of food. Thanks :smile: :tongue:

Replies

• Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to eat healthy and started counting my macros but, at the end of the day my calorie intake
    is not enough. I don't know what else to eat that is good for you and I don't have money to go out and buy
    a lot of food. Thanks :smile: :tongue:

Oats
    Peanut butter
    Rice
    Potatoes
    pasta
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    You should make your diary public, people will say right away haha.
    i could give you a list of things but honestly it's touch and go. You feel around a bit and figure it out over time! I think that generally you should reach your calorie goal first and then slowly learn where your macro's are going and control them while keeping your calories up. :o goodluck!
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Don't buy low fat or nonfat versions of foods. Get the full fat choices; that will help keep your calories up.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Gelato bro. Gelato.
  • byronyucker
    byronyucker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Haha okay thanks :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Nuts
    Avocado

You can usually find sales if you look :-)
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    nutella,,its awesome right out of the jar on a spoon,,tho be careful you dont eat the whole jar in one day,,oh wait,thats me that does that! lol
  • patrickwx
    Options
    Whole milk. You can get it cheap, its tasty, you can mix it other things, it has a good array of nutrients (fat isn't bad). Don't believe the negative hype.

Currents macros/training program?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, assuming no medical issues, very few foods are actually bad for you. Get a good mix of nutrient dense foods, and then eat whatever you want to make up the rest. The only thing I would really stay away from is artificial trans fats (which is not hard as very few items have them now).
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Trail Mix
    Avocado
    EVOO
    Smoothies
    Venti Soy Chai Lattes ;)
  • 1daylate1dollarshort
    Options
    I have to eat a lot of nuts and peanut butter to fill in the calories.

It was SOOO easy to put away a couple thousand calories in a day before eating fast food and fried junk at home. And Little Debbie snacks.

I was surprised having trouble meeting the 1200 calories goal due to that. I was overweight and now I have trouble consuming 1200 calories? That's not weird at all, psh.

The problem is that I'm onto the fruits and veggies and lower calorie "healthier" options. And filling a day with those can legitimately be difficult.

I agree to fill them with anything you can if you're too low, though. Sometimes that's the only option. I just try not to go overboard with that stuff.

Good luck with this. You'll get the hang of it!