fighting

Options
has anyone here done any ufc or boxing type classes? im really interested in something like that. living in MN there are a few boxing gyms around. anybody ever used any of them, thanks :)

Replies

• fitandhealthy
    fitandhealthy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Although I've never done the real thing, when I took Kick-Boxing classes, I've always tone up quite fast! It's really a great workout and burns fat while toning! Have fun!
  • denisemm
    denisemm Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi - I box and I LOVE IT ! How much do i love it? I have Breast Cancer and had to have bilateral mastectomy in November - when trying to decide whether or not to have reconstruction, the plastic surgeons told me that i could never box if I had the reconstruction - so I opted to not have the reconstruction! And I have zero regrets. Three months after my surgery I was back to the gym, resumed taking a "kick" class and boxing once a week with a trainer. At almost 48 I am stronger than ever!
    The workouts are total body if done properly (we do squats as defensive moves). I liked learning from the trainer because I know my form is correct (no flailing arms).
    Go for it!
    Keep me posted
    Denise
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I was doing Krav Maga for awhile. It's Israeli martial arts. They teach it to police and military. Nice useful combat tactics and good for self defense. Good cardio and strength. And you are actually hitting/kicking eachother, through pads. The kickboxers were afraid of us! haha

LOVED it! In fact, I'm trying to figure out how to work it back into my schedule. I totally recommend it!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I take an hour Kickboxing class 4-5 days a week and I LOVE it!! It's a fantastic workout, and you get out all your stress and aggression on the bag. I would really recommend it! I've lost a lot of weight and really toned up since doing it. :bigsmile:
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    okay, im totally going to have to get in on it! its something ive allways wanted to do. :)
  • bperez45
    Options
    I attend the UFC Gym here in California, the workouts are excellent! I don't know what is available in your state, but the MMA workouts are focused on endurance and explosiveness. All core workouts, I highly recommend them.