First post ever! Before and After pictures :)

Options
Hello! This is my first post, so I'm a little nervous!

Ever since I can remember, I've been the 'fat friend' --nobody ever said it, but it was always something I noticed. Even though I wasn't super overweight, everyone around me was so much skinnier than I was. This lead to an eating disorder at a very young age that never lead me to lose weight, and instead just made me feel very unhealthy and obsessive all of the time. I compared myself to every girl I saw at school, or work, or just walking around outside.

I am 5'4" and in middle school and high school my weight was around 125-135. In college, I reached my highest at 160, but then maintained at around 150 from 22-25. After moving to New York last September and dealing with an ED for literally half my life, I decided it was time for an entire lifestyle change. I began eating much healthier, and at the beginning of this year I started eating mostly raw foods (I do still eat out with my friends and go drinking, though! I like to think I am rewarding myself for no longer cooking my foods at home!) I eat tons of raw veggies and salads and tofu and go to the gym 4-5 times a week. And it's paying off because I feel GREAT.

This is my first post, but I read the boards every day. It literally helps me get through days that are tough or I am feeling lazy, because almost every one I see is so supportive and helpful and kind. I'm going to start joining in on the fun hopefully and stop being so shy!

My current weight is 125! It feels amazing to be 35 pounds below my highest weight. I tried so long to lose weight, but was doing it the wrong way. I know there is no easy way or quick fix, and I am excited to continue to prove to myself that I can do this.

Wow! Sorry for writing so much! I'm posting the before and after progress pictures below, but want to quickly apologize for how silly I am in most of them! Thanks for reading, everyone :)))

BEFORE:

BWCq1BV.png

O2pAMen.png

aU5P5yN.png

gm9vjg9.png

AFTER:

FF2OcjW.png

Tftz64I.png

SekoXeb.png

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous!!! Great job!!!

(although I wouldn't have called you fat to begin with LOL little heavy- but not fat)

Glad you are loving your new body- that's a big accomplishment as well as the weight!!
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Even your before pictures are gorgeous! You just have such a cute face! Congratulations on your new found health and fitness.
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    you look great in all of your pics, but what's great about your post is that you sound HAPPY about the lifestyle change you've made. Congratulations!
  • Raynidays3367
    Options
    You look amazing! You should be proud of yourself. I am glad you decided to post. I know that took a lot! Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • ariellograms
    ariellograms Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations.
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You are rocking the confidence and crop tops! Love it! :love:
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You look great, but you also looked great before. I cannot imagine who would have looked at you and thought "fat" in any of these pics.
  • aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    This is incredible. Keep it up! :)
  • EvanElric
    EvanElric Posts: 34
    Options
    ;O amazing
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Excellent first post! Congratulations on overcoming your eating disorder, eating healthy and losing weight.

I hope you stick with what you're doing and keep posting.
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I agree with other posters. Great job!!

You also looked great in the before pics, just saying....