how am i doing so far?

Options
LAduke91
LAduke91 Posts: 34 Member
????Just started a few days and would love some new friends and advice on how my meal logs look!

Replies

• SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I believe your food diary is currently set to private. You'll need to change the settings to allow folks to review your logs.
  • LAduke91
    Options
    Oh no! I'll have to figure out how to open it. Thanks for letting me know!
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    That's the best thing you can do--open your diary to at least your MFP friends. I'm always disappointed when I see closed diaries and yet people want motivation. It's like they want a cheerleader but won't show the hard work their putting in (or aren't). An open diary will keep you accountable and you'll have far more success. Good luck!
  • LAduke91
    Options
    I set it to be open for everyone. I hope it worked?
  • hannaawh
    hannaawh Posts: 51
    Options
    Calorie wise it looks fantastic to me! Just try not to go as low on calories as you have the first couple of days. Maybe you should also try to add a little bit protein to it since you're on almost all days consuming way too many carbs and way too little protein than you should. :)
    But may I ask what you did to burn 641 calories on sunday?? That's incredible. I might want to try whatever you're doing as well, because when I run for an hour I don't even get 400 calories burned off. :(
  • kb2699
    kb2699 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey, looks like you're doing really well! Good job! As you are at such a low calorie target (1200 cals) it's really important that you hit this every day to avoid going in to ketosis (aka starvation mode) - it's tempting to eat as little as possible but it won't help in the long run.

Are you completely sedentary all day? If not it might be worth changing your settings to 'lightly active' which will allow you a little bit more calories which makes it all a bit more bearable and easier to stick at it long term.

There are differing opinions as to whether you should 'eat clean' - i.e. no processed foods, cook from scratch, etc, or just eat what you normally would but only eat what fits in with your calorie allowance. I'm doing a mixture of both as I think that's more realistic long term but see what works for you.

You're doing great. :smile:

Kate
  • LAduke91
    Options
    Thank you everyone! On Sunday I just ran for 10min and walked for 40min and those are the caloires mfp told me I burned. I think I really need to change things bc I have only gained weight since starting this :( I eat even more then I used to just to intake all the calories. I used to only eat once a day and a couple snacks+soda. I have defiantly change my ways starting this diet but idk...
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    just briefly looked at your diary and it is very heavy on sodium which may make you retain fluid

good luck
  • LAduke91
    Options
    Thank you I will be working on that for sure!

Keep up the great work! ????
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Calorie wise you are doing awesome- I woulds suggest cutting down on the processed foods. It will help with the sodium levels.
    I would also suggest more veggies. The only green ones I see are canned green beans? You can eat a lot more volume with less calories..makes you feel fuller.