Why to use weighing scale in weight management?

Options
Hello every one . i m james and want to know the benifit or role of a weighing scale in weight management. Is really we can manage our weight with the help of a Weighing scale.

Replies

• KarenBoehlke
    Options
    It's a matter of perspective. I can look at my body and think I'm one weight get on the scale and be completely shocked. Strangely enough I can look at someone else and think they weigh less than they actually do, because I of how I feel about that person (something my husband appreciates sometimes.) So I use the scale to keep me honest about my body since it rarely jives with my body image.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I dont the question understand?

This..

If you are speaking about a food scale I would say yes its very important to get an accurate tracking of your calories.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    you step on a scale and write down the number.

you start eating the appropriate amount and you expect the number to go down after a while.

If it isn't going on a downward trend, you aren't losing weight?
  • KarenBoehlke
    Options
    Oh, I hadn't thought maybe you were referring to a food scale. Hum, well it's not necessary, but it does help to realize just what a portion is. I was surprised, for example, at just how small a portion of pasta is. So, yeah it's important in the beginning, but as you become used to what a portion of something truly looks like you don't have to use it as much.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    you step on a scale and write down the number.

you start eating the appropriate amount and you expect the number to go down after a while.

If it isn't going on a downward trend, you aren't losing weight?

Yep.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    OP

A or B.

A:
    Ozeri-Pro.jpg

or

B:
    feet_scale.jpg

which are you talking about? help us help you.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    OP

A or B.

A:
    Ozeri-Pro.jpg

or

B:
    feet_scale.jpg

which are you talking about? help us help you.

Help me to help you
    scrubs-cox-help-me-help-you-o.gif
    Thumbsup-alec.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    help-me-jim-groom3.gif
  • jamescarlsen21
    Options
    Hi KarenBoehlke, Really It's a matter of perspective, Becoz its depend on u that how u think about that and in what way you are using that one.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Hi KarenBoehlke, Really It's a matter of perspective, Becoz its depend on u that how u think about that and in what way you are using that one.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. OP, what are you talking about?
  • jamescarlsen21
    Options
    In this thread we are just making conversion on the importance of weighing scal ein weight management. As we have seen a long list of weighing scales on many websites(http://www.healthgenie.in/home-care/weight-management/weighing-scale) which say that it is important to lose weight.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Hello every one . i m james and want to know the benifit or role of a weighing scale in weight management. Is really we can manage our weight with the help of a Weighing scale.
    Err so you know how much you weigh!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    C'mon guys be nice....lol Probably english first language not.
  • MattLBennett
    MattLBennett Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    As others have said : if a food scale then it's very important as it allows you to know how much you're putting in your body, if it's a body weight scale then it's helpful, especially when you are over weight or trying to just maintain but nothing else. If you are trying to tone/build muscle then the scales won't be your friend as you can't expect to put muscle on and the number to remain the same.