duckface pose...what is the purpose again?

2»

Replies

• SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    It's a secret illuminati greeting.

I think you're on to something there - maybe there's a hidden ambigramatic symbol in the pursing of the lips :tongue:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Oh Lawd. :yawn:
  • atlas808
    atlas808 Posts: 6 Member
    lol, people who do the duck face pose think its their most attractive face. i heard that puckering your lips can elongate the nose - and also big, pouty lips are considered attractive by many others (think angelie jolie). i think we all try and find our most flattering look on camera, too.
    idk, i've never been a duck face kind of a gal. what a funny question, though xD
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    It is definitely for the purpose of DSL. :laugh:
  • atlas808
    atlas808 Posts: 6 Member
    article-1187155-0514AA79000005DC-536_233x423.jpg
    amywamie-2009073053412-Marilyn_Monroe_puckered_up_on_her_arrival_at_Idlewild_Airport_1956-original.jpg
    877134a1c6c5d7c79820e2bed6d8db51.jpg

It didn't start with this generation, so it has lasted awhile, hasn't died out....

difference is.... classy vs. yuck I suppose lol
    I'd like to call this pouty face. It's the attractive/cute version of duck face. :o

Yes, that's exactly it. When it is done in classy way I guess lol.... some women, see the two photos posted above, force their lips further than just a pout and widen their eyes real big like "I am shocked and surprised but I wanna suck your face off" lol

Those aren't "duck faces". Those are "kissy faces". BIG difference.

Also, I think Duck Face is to attract a male to the size of their DSL...and I'm not talking about internet speed. :blushing:

So if an unattractive girl makes the face, it's a "duck face," and she's a "duck."

If an attractive girl does it, it's a "kissy face," "attractive/cute," and she's "Classy."

Seems reasonable.

Artist-2061029-bertstare_zps47ce8cee.jpg

HAHAHHAA, ^THAT.
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    amywamie-2009073053412-Marilyn_Monroe_puckered_up_on_her_arrival_at_Idlewild_Airport_1956-original.jpg

It didn't start with this generation, so it has lasted awhile, hasn't died out....

I'd like to call this pouty face. It's the attractive/cute version of duck face. :o

Yes, that's exactly it. When it is done in classy way I guess lol.... some women, see the two photos posted above, force their lips further than just a pout and widen their eyes real big like "I am shocked and surprised but I wanna suck your face off" lol

Also, I think Duck Face is to attract a male to the size of their DSL...and I'm not talking about internet speed. :blushing:

So if an unattractive girl makes the face, it's a "duck face," and she's a "duck."

If an attractive girl does it, it's a "kissy face," "attractive/cute," and she's "Classy."

Seems reasonable.

haha that is the way it seems to go isn't it? I was more of the thinking that it was hypocritical that two people who were extremely famous not to mention acted on some moral promiscuity (drugs, alcohol, adultery) made the duck face "classy" yet anyone who does it today, who isn't famous suddenly then it's called the duck face. I don't mind it, what makes the other photos not attractive to me is mostly the over tan, over done look and I really don't understand the point in forcing your lips to look bigger than a natural pout and/or making the eyes so wide like they are shocked, if it's a natural pouty face what's the difference between Marilyn and anyone else? Fame. And I guess some do it to make their faces look thinner, but who doesn't try to look thinner in photos?
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member

I think most girls are trying to go for the cute kissy face, but they just go over the top and fail. It's also been shown that pics with duck face get more instagram likes (which it seems many duck facers care about)
    It's also what others have mentioned: big, pouty lips are generally attractive to others, pulls the cheeks in to look thinner, to make a guy (subconsciously) think of their lips around a... "popsicle"
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    It's a secret illuminati greeting.

Ha, ha! But, Beyoncé doesn't duck face.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    It's blowing-the-camera-a-kiss gone wrong.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    16 posts and no body posted the video...

HA
    WINNER WINNER!!!!

You'll be stuck with this forever now. muah ha ha ha ha

NSFW
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80995938/

whenever I go to that site, there's no video, and nothing but text on the whole page, just nothing.... :cry: I want to watch this video :sad: is it anywhere else?
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member

Seems reasonable.

I don't discriminate. I think it looks crazy on anybody. Even Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member

I'd kiss either one of them :smooched:
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    I thought it was a hint at what they'll do on a 1st date...
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    To look more sexeh of course!

duck-face1.jpg
    K5lgg.gif
  • Chicks just showin' off their DSLs!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    16 posts and no body posted the video...

HA
    WINNER WINNER!!!!

You'll be stuck with this forever now. muah ha ha ha ha

NSFW
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80995938/

whenever I go to that site, there's no video, and nothing but text on the whole page, just nothing.... :cry: I want to watch this video :sad: is it anywhere else?

just google duck face ebaums world- should come right up.

as for WHY- it's a kissy face PLUS when you suck your checks in- you do that with your lips- you get cheek bones.

everyone thinks cheek bones are sexy apparently.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member

Kissy face kills!
    Look it up - they are no longer with us.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    P71IIjj.jpg
  • mthr2
    mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
    Ohhhhh.....it's a kisssssss!
  • ajsimyan
    ajsimyan Posts: 177 Member
    c64e0c46.jpg~original

I just laughed loud at work and my laugh carried through the halls!! lol oops
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    I thought it was a hint at what they'll do on a 1st date...

^This. They know what they are "suggesting." :laugh:
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    OK, I sense some confusion on Duck Face vs Kissey Face.

Duck Face has flattened lips.

Kissy face's lips are pulled in at the sides as if actually giving your grandmother a kiss on the cheek.

Elvis was giving kisses, Marylin...could go either way. White Trash girls around the internet....Duck Face.
  • jrose1982
    jrose1982 Posts: 366 Member

Seems reasonable.

I think the difference is in intent. Marylin and Elvis weren't just beautiful, they were deeply loved by their fans. And they routinely returned that love. These pictures are kisses for the camera, like giving kisses to their fans. There's more than just the shape of their mouths in these pictures; these could almost easily be candid shots of them giving air-kisses to somebody they love.

The modern duckface is just a pose. Girls want attention, they pout out their lips to make them look fuller or something. But they're just posing, they're not interacting with anybody. Most of the bad duckface pictures are selfies. With no real emotion behind the pose, it has no redeeming value and just looks silly.
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member

Seems reasonable.

I think the difference is in intent. Marylin and Elvis weren't just beautiful, they were deeply loved by their fans. And they routinely returned that love. These pictures are kisses for the camera, like giving kisses to their fans. There's more than just the shape of their mouths in these pictures; these could almost easily be candid shots of them giving air-kisses to somebody they love.

The modern duckface is just a pose. Girls want attention, they pout out their lips to make them look fuller or something. But they're just posing, they're not interacting with anybody. Most of the bad duckface pictures are selfies. With no real emotion behind the pose, it has no redeeming value and just looks silly.

Oh, okay.

So if the pose is done by someone who knows their photo is being taken, but isn't actually taking the photo, it's socially acceptable and they're "cute/attractive" and also "Classy."

However if someone does the pose, then immediately takes a photo of it, it is no longer socially acceptable and they're a "duck."
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    OK, I sense some confusion on Duck Face vs Kissey Face.

Duck Face has flattened lips.

Kissy face's lips are pulled in at the sides as if actually giving your grandmother a kiss on the cheek.

Elvis was giving kisses, Marylin...could go either way. White Trash girls around the internet....Duck Face.

You label them as white trash based on a harmless photo of their face.

Yet I'd imagine you'd be offended if someone labeled you as "lazy," based off of your own photos.