Anyone else feeling extra cold this winter??

Options
I'm happy to report I'm down 34 pounds since i started in the middle of August. But this winter has been soooo cold. I get it, I have less insulation then I had last winter. But yowzah, I can't remember the last time I actually felt warm.

I even bought long johns last night. Today is the first time I've worn them since highschool - I feel kinda silly; afterall I'm a tough canadian, this weather should be a walk in the park for me. But truthfully my body is thanking me, its nice to be....dare I say it....comfortable for the first time in about 5 weeks!!

So am I alone in this or are any of you feeling colder then usual this winter??

Replies

• npryor100
    npryor100 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Me too! My family tells me I complain that I'm cold a lot more this winter....I lost at least 40lbs of my insulation!
  • sarah8486
    Options
    I haven't really lost any weight yet, but there has been an unusual chill here in Michigan.
    Sometimes I wish I could just put on the pounds to make it through the winter, and then shed them off when the summer comes, lol.
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    You're not alone. I am colder than usual but then again, we are having an abnormally cold winter where I live. It's about 10 - 15 degrees below normal for this time of year.

I hate cold weather. Makes me want to hibernate, :smile:
  • aehenson
    Options
    I have been freezing constantly since I lost weight. I used to stay hot all the time so it has been quite an adjustment & I need to buy some extra clothes!
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I was just thinking WOW why am I so cold this winter! I mean we do forget every year how cold it really gets and Im Northeast ohio so it gets pretty chilly. I feel like a big baby cus I wont go anywhere for fear of being cold! Never thought it had to do with all the weight Ive lost.

I was pleasantly surprised when I put on my coat from last year for the first time this winter and it zipped with ease!!! But now its HUGE on me. It is after all a 1XX
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm frozen all the time! I haven't caved yet and bought the longjohns (hail fellow Canadian!) but it's only a matter of time. My laundry has doubled 'cause I'm always wearing 2 shirts now instead of one :)
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! I am wearing sweaters more often, fleece pj's and an extra blanket on the bed when my husband isn't home. He is my personal furnace! I was even colder this summer when the temperature dropped for a rainy day.

I haven't resorted to long underwear yet, but I did buy myself a new Helly Hanson winter coat and ski pants so that I can go play in the snow with my kids. My old coat was way too big on me, so I gave it away. I'll have to see what the rest of the Alberta winter has in store for me.
  • billylindsay
    billylindsay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am feeling it more and was putting it down to my age. But I have had to up my calorie intake a couple of hundred and seem to be ok now. Just wrap up nice n tight or better get close to someone special. Share some heat burn a few more calories.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I rarely used to complain about being cold, being a hearty New Englander, but this winter I'm FREEZING. I assume it is the weight loss.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Haha yes! (I have lost 80 before MFP) I caught myself doing this in my office when I came in from the cold and didn't even realize it but I was doing jumping jacks! LOL I warmed up though.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Yep, I am bloody freezing! I am indoors and am wearing long johns under my jeans and a thermal vest under my fleece, I have got the woodburner on but I am not hot! last year if I had the woodburner chucking out heat like it is at the mo I would have been in shorts and t shirt and moaning to my partner.

oops it is gonna cost a fortune being slimmer and how sexy does my new bod look in long johns erm.............. so not ! lol!
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Haha yes! (I have lost 80 before MFP) I caught myself doing this in my office when I came in from the cold and didn't even realize it but I was doing jumping jacks! LOL I warmed up though.

hahaha, me too - extra shirts, extra socks. I used to be able to get to at least january with being barefoot in the house, now I'm wearing socks AND slippers.
  • redefiningmyself
    Options
    Yep, I am bloody freezing! I am indoors and am wearing long johns under my jeans and a thermal vest under my fleece, I have got the woodburner on but I am not hot! last year if I had the woodburner chucking out heat like it is at the mo I would have been in shorts and t shirt and moaning to my partner.

oops it is gonna cost a fortune being slimmer and how sexy does my new bod look in long johns erm.............. so not ! lol!

hahahaha!!!!
    Oooh yeah, long johns are very sexy.... just ask any lumberjack!
    hee hee hee
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I seem to be frozen all the time lately. I chalk it up to a few things. Working in a factory in Holland, MI that keep opening the stupid dock door at night and forgetting to close them, getting older, not as much natural insulation :bigsmile: and the fact it seems to be a little colder here in Michigan-Grand Rapids area- then "normal". I wear about 3 to 4 layers under my jeans plus my leg warmers and 3 layers under the shirt at work. At home I wear my long johns pretty much all the time.
  • Kaye8395BTS
    Kaye8395BTS Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have literally been overheating for the last 5 years, my two older brothers and I always said it was "in our genes." NOPE! I am FREEZING constantly now! I made fun of my roommates and now they are making fun of me. When will our bodies adjust??
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I think it might be more then just insulation. I have noticed that I am getting colder then I have before and I still have plenty of insulation. I think it has something to do with metabolism and energy levels.
  • redefiningmyself
    Options
    I have literally been overheating for the last 5 years, my two older brothers and I always said it was "in our genes." NOPE! I am FREEZING constantly now! I made fun of my roommates and now they are making fun of me. When will our bodies adjust??

That's a good question - I wonder how long it takes for our bodies to adjust too?
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'm freezing!:ohwell: