what are your trigger times?

Options
Are there times that are harder for you and what have you done about it.

SNOW is one of mine, I started eating early and kept on but decided to do a light supper, soup.

Holidays, I am trying to take better care of myself, had turkey this year and not ham even though son was a little upset.

Vacation, we found a little place that we can do some cooking also and not eat out all the time.

Stressful stuff, trying to stop and focus on problem solving rather than go straight to food. Sometimes I forget but getting better.

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately mine comes every evening, a bit after dinner. I plan on a snack but many times I end up just grazing and find it hard to stop. I have to be very mindful or before I know it, I'm way over! I do ok for a couple days then it rears it's ugly head again! I know it's just habit because I'm not truly hungry.
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    When I'm tired! After a few days of crazy schedules and not enough sleep I tend to no care much about what I'm eating. I try to avoid this situation or have shopping and meals preplanned so this doesn't happen often.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    My trigger time is in the middle of the night. I'm an insomniac and while I'm up wandering around the house I get ferocious cravings.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Every time there's a good occasion to eat.
  • Lumen1505
    Lumen1505 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Arrrgghhhhh the evil & dreaded TOM !!!

Stress about too many variables in my life around money, job ( I was made redundant) , my kids, my husbands health (he has renal failure)

Being over tired is a massive trigger for me too - makes all of the above A LOT WORSE !

SO I breath deeply, draw a line and move on ......... :drinker: (mostly lol) x
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    From 12am - 2am every night - Also TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always a downfall for me : (