My body

Options
Hi honest opinions on my body. I'm currently 147lbs 5,5 How much more should I lose?

Replies

• djs2303
    djs2303 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You need to ask your self that, are you happy? do you want to go down a dress size? I don't think anyone can tell anyone else how much they should lose hun, I think we all set our own goals.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    She is asking how she looks at this weight, not if she thinks she needs to lose more. Personally I don't think she does need to lose more, she is nice and slim
  • Louise1583
    Louise1583 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on how you want to look! Do you want to be any smaller, or shapelier? I personally would start focusing on toning and strengthening if you still feel like you have something to change - once you get to within a healthy BMI it seems to make a world of difference to how you feel, more so than weight loss...

Look to yourself for the answer, nobody can tell you what you should look like. Your image only affects your mentality, not theirs.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'5" and 147 as of this week. We even seem to have similar body types. And 147 looks and feels pretty darn good, doesn't it? :smile: But only you can decide if you want to drop a few more pounds or go to maintenance and focus on fitness.

Personally, I'm shooting for 140, maybe 135. Partly it's because I have arthritis in my knees and I figure being at a slightly lower point in the "healthy" weight range will keep my knees happier, which I hope isn't a factor for you. Partly that's because we have a big trip to Italy planned for this fall. If I don't put a few pounds back on while enjoying that once-in-a-lifetime local food and wine, it'll be a miracle.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    based on the picture alone...you look pretty fit. so i would say you dont need to lose more at first glance. how you feel about it and when your looking at you naked...thats what should be your main decision.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    10/10

Can you do a handstand?
    Objectives are personal.

:flowerforyou:
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My bmi is healthy for the record. I strength train every other day. As regards naked I hate looking at that!
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    HI,
    I think you look great at that weight, but I know people tell me the same thing about myself and I don't agree when I look in the mirror. It honestly matters how you feel about yourself and if you are happy :)
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My bmi is healthy for the record. I strength train every other day. As regards naked I hate looking at that!

I'm your same height, reached 145-140 and since I've actually reached a healthy BMI for my height, I've decided to step into manteinance and focusing on getting fit instead of thin but weak.
    I can always change my mind and lose more weight if I want to, but at least I'm not overweight anymore. Time to enjoy it and build some resistence! but that's my opinion. :)
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options

think you have your answer then!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options

Continued strength training will fix this.

ETA: with some bulk/cut cycles.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

yep!
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options

I think this is your answer. If you don't like what you see when looking in the mirror, keep going. It might not be weight that you need to lose though, it might just be a reduction in body fat that's needed. I am in the same boat, I am only 10ish pounds away from what I initially thought would be my goal weight, everyone is telling me how great I look and that I can stop now. And I wonder what they want me to stop? Living a healthy lifestyle? And sometimes I am just blunt with them and tell them that although I might look great in the clothes I am wearing, there is still a lot of work to be done underneath so I can be truly comfortable in my own skin. I started weight lifting and it's slowly transforming my body in the direction I want although my weight hasn't shifted much. So keep with the strength training and inches will burn away....
  • TaraSigur
    TaraSigur Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5 and 140 I am NOT happy with it. BUT i do think it depends on the person. All of my fat goes to my boobs and stomach. So personally I think i need to lose about 10 lbs then I would be happy.
  • nickelp22
    nickelp22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

This! I am 5'6 I started at 160 ish I didn't feel good looking at myself naked until now (134) I am still considering 125-130 if I can get there because that is where I felt my best. You will know how you feel when you get there. :-) great job!
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yes fat reduction is it I think
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yes fat reduction is it I think

If that's what it is have your Body Fat checked then decide where you want to be. To me BF is more important than weight.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Opinions will always vary from whom you ask. Dependent on where they are in their own fitness, some will say lose weight, some will say you're fine, some will say you're too thin.

Really the only opinion you should care about (if you're in a healthy weight zone) is the one who stares you back in the mirror.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Lcruz2014
    Lcruz2014 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous , as far as how much more is totally up you. :)