When do you weigh yourself?

Options
Sort of silly question. Do you try to weigh in the morning when you're the lightest or in the afternoon/evening when you're heaviest? I do the latter. I figure if I like my heaviest number then I'd definitely like the lighter number. Of course right now I don't like either number but I will eventually!! So just wanted to get y'all's feedback. Have a great day!!

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I do the morning, naked, every day. I don't like weighing the food I've eaten throughout the day is my reasoning ;)
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I do mornings before I eat. It's all the same, though...at your lightest or at your heaviest...as long as it's consistent, I think.
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning, completely naked before my shower. My clothes aren't part of the deal!:tongue:
  • adipace815
    adipace815 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the mornings every day, same time- same place- same way. It may actually be somewhat of a myth that you will weigh more in the afternoons. I have stepped on a couple of times and found my weight lower in the afternoon than it is the next morning. I think the most important things are to use the same scale and eliminate all the variables (clothes, time of day, hydration), so I weigh in first thing in the morning before any daily activity (exercise, food, water...).
  • Jg04811
    Jg04811 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, naked as well. Just like to see where I stand for the day =)
  • ratchet2
    ratchet2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I used to do mine in the evening after getting home from work, but before dinner. I switched to first thing in the morning just due to timing, not for the difference in numbers.

I switched up my routine just because I found that I was eating later due to working out in the evening. I now just do everything in the morning (getting up an hour earlier).

As long as you are consistent, it doesn't matter even if you eat first. The only time it may not be as accurate is the first week.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, nearly nude, first thing in the morning. I do this mostly for the sake of consistency & am able to see a very clear, consistent "trend line" for my weight loss (which also helps me brush off the occasional spike).
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    It may actually be somewhat of a myth that you will weigh more in the afternoons.

It's either a myth or not. I most certainly weigh as much as 5 lbs more by the evening than I do in the mornings ;)
  • hush404
    hush404 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Early mornings (mondays), after going to the washroom, before eating.
  • lunapetu0311
    Options
    I definitely weigh in first thing in the morning - Fridays are my weigh in days. I only weigh in AFTER I have used the restroom and before any coffee or water :) I want every ounce off before I weigh in, ha! I HATE to weigh in after I have eaten or drunk liquids - why bother seeing extra weight! But I see your point :) Good luck!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I do the morning, naked, every day. I don't like weighing the food I've eaten throughout the day is my reasoning ;)

same here
  • Rusty612
    Rusty612 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wake up - go to the bathroom - step on the scale.

Your afternoon weight can vary so much from your actual body weight based on how much water you're retaining from your activities and how much sodium you took in, also the foods you ate and how quickly they pass through your system.

Morning time is the great equalizer - I like to weigh myself with a clean slate.
  • havrillakl
    havrillakl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with your reasoning and do the same. I step on the scale on Wednesday evenings before bed. I have my entire family over for dinner on Wednesdays, so I figure, that's THE most I will weigh during the week. It's also great incentive not to over eat during dinner! Good luck ... slow and steady!
  • adipace815
    adipace815 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Its all relative I guess. If I weigh myself in the afternoon directly following a high impact cardio, before I rehydrate myself; I will undoubtedly weigh less than I did first thing in the morning. But, if I weigh myself directly following dinner I will have the weight of the food and drink from dinner. I guess the point is to do it consistently, same time- same place- same scale... For me that is first thing in the morning before any nutrition or exercise burn for the current day.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Just on bank holidays...
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :flowerforyou: