Cauliflower recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Take the head, cut it into three sections, cut one section up into a microwave safe bowl, put the other two sections back in the fridge for later, add 1 serving of Ranch dressing and one serving of shredded cheese, microwave for a minute and enjoy. 260 calories unless using fat free ranch, then less.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later
  • Rusty612
    Rusty612 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I make a vegan cauliflower Alfredo recipe (from Vegan Yum Yum) that goes into a red & white casserole - it's pretty much the best thing ever. There are a lot of non-vegan recipes out there, too.
  • candy102389
    Options
    Bump
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I love it roasted with various spices but my fav is whole roasted. You core it and place on a baking sheet. I mixed vanilla greek yogurt, paparika, cumin, garlic, and a bit of cayenne together and smeared it all over the head. Roast for about 45 minutes at 375. The yogurt puts a beautiful, tasty crust on it. It is company perfect or delish just for you. I served in wedges.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    The pizza crust has a different texture than regular crust. Not quite as sturdy. More like a soft sourdough type bread.

It is very important to squeeze out as much water from the cooked cauliflower as you can. I use frozen cauliflower that I microwave just enough to soften slightly, then I drain the water, put cauliflower in my Ninja to rice it, then put it in a cloth and squeeze out the extra water. If you don't get the water out, it takes a lot longer to cook and falls apart. I usually eat it with a fork anyway.

I sometimes just make the crust and cut it into bread slices and use it for sandwiches. Ham, egg, cheese and avocado sandwiches are great on it.
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Do the Tater Tots!!!

They were amazing!!! I could have eaten the whole batch if my husband hadn't been battling me out for them :)

Seriously, amazing!
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I love roasting with olive oil, garlic and spices.

Another fav of my SO is when I steam the cauliflower, then add a mix of 1/2 cup mayo, 1/4 cup dijon and mix together. Then sprinkle a 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. sprinkle a little cayenne on and roast in oven until cheese is bubby
  • mcm412
    mcm412 Posts: 18
    Options
    For more of a main dish, I just saw this article in the Washington Post for "chicken-fried" cauliflower with a mushroom sauce. It looked really good and interesting. I thought you could use the same concept but substitute a piccata-style sauce.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/pb/recipes/chicken-fried-cauliflower-miso-mushroom-gravy/13949/
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    4ad8d1b90e61595c82c85d81421f0fa1.jpg

deep fried whole cauliflower served on a bed of preserved lemon, almonds, and lemon oil whipped until mayo-like, and topped with lardo and cacao nibs
    Wow and wow. You need to post all your food. This looks out of this world.