new and wanting support

Options
Hey everyone!

This is my first time on this site and I need guidance on how this all works...

I currently weigh 13 stone 11lbs
and would like to get down to 11st

I am going away in 3 months amd I knw I wont lose it all by then but wouldn't mind losing at least a stone by then.

feel free to add me and chat to me. I will be on here constantly updatig and chattin with ppl

happy healthy eating everyone : )

Add me

xx

Replies

• kb2699
    kb2699 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started in mid-Jan weighing 13st 9lbs, and have lost 1 st 3lbs in 10 weeks - I initially wanted to try and get to around 11 st in 3 months but I've realised that it will be better to take it slow now that Iv'e made a start. Feel free to add me if you'd like :smile:
  • juansgoddess
    juansgoddess Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just started 2 weeks ago. Im proud of anyone who who makes the decision to work hard and get healthy. Its a real commitment because the pounds don't pose themselves do they. I started at 197 pounds and through exercising and eating healthier I have lost about 6 lbs as of my weigh in on Friday. Keep motivated you can do this. Feel free to add me. Good luck!!!!!
  • brinabj
    brinabj Posts: 28
    Options
    hi can someone explain the stone thing to me ( sorry i'm slow i guess just never heard of it) but the most important thing when losing is what you are putting in your body i finally realized that and now the weight is dropping off
  • kb2699
    kb2699 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    hi can someone explain the stone thing to me ( sorry i'm slow i guess just never heard of it) but the most important thing when losing is what you are putting in your body i finally realized that and now the weight is dropping off

Hi,

In the UK we use stone and lbs, a stone is 14 lbs. I have no idea why!
  • Turner327
    Options

Hi,

In the UK we use stone and lbs, a stone is 14 lbs. I have no idea why!

Thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering the same thing lol
  • alisonmarytuck
    alisonmarytuck Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I started on 14 stone 2lbs on January 6th and I'm now 12.12. Fitness Pal has really helped me as I can keep a general track of calories but I think the main thing has been because it makes me aware of the potential impact of the choices I make ....I haven't actually cut any foods from my diet so that I don't start feeling deprived and hard done by (that's my downfall) , I have cut portions of everything I eat except vegetables!! I also decided not to set myself a very specific goal or timescale as I think that just sets up something for me to fail (another bit of my psychology) ...but I think overall Id like to get down to about 11 stone some time! I hope fitness pal proves as useful to you as it has to me ...i have only just started looking at the community posts etc and I'm now hooked on the support it all gives!!
  • treycee883
    treycee883 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi i started back end of january and have lost 16lbs so far. Feel free to add me. ????
  • FlatTummyTrish
    FlatTummyTrish Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) Welcome to MFP I'm new too but loving the atmosphere and support here. You can join several groups and even receive weekly challenges in some of them. Make sure you regularly update your food and exercise logs, calorie track has always helped me see where I've been going wrong.
    What type of exercise do you like? I'm sure you'll find many Jilian Michaels fans here, I see results already from her 30 day Shred. I really hope you get closer to your goal weight before you go away, going on holiday is also my primary motivation :)
  • Jennra
    Jennra Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! :)
  • MsDarlene1004
    MsDarlene1004 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there! :smile: Welcome to MyFitnessPal!! I've been using this website since my journey started in June of 2012. I'm down 94.4 lbs. and 36 inches so far. I started at 271 lbs. and I have about 40-50 lbs. left to go to reach my goal. Feel free to add me if you like and that way you can see my daily food logs. There's where you can see how I'm losing the weight... and keeping it off!! :happy: