Proud - thought I'd share

Options
My boss decided to bring in a large box of cronuts into the office. For those of you who don't know, a cronut is a cross between a croissant and a doughnut and they are AMAZING!! I have to walk past them every time I go to the kitchenette/toilet. So I decided to go and buy myself a bag of salt/sweet popcorn (138kcals), which has curbed my desire to scoff the box of cronuts. Willpower in weight loss is so important - trying to stay strong :smile:

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    People bring in donuts all the time, I just walk past them. Probably helps that I don't care for the things.

Way to go!
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Great job with the willpower! I had a similar situation yesterday. A box of baked goodies was brought over. While I didn't fully resist (I did get a croissant) I only ate half of it and have saved the other half. And you know what? It really wasn't as amazing as I expected it to be :)

Keep it up :)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    A friend invited me for a coffe and In exchange of cappucino I asked for fresh mint tea. I declined for the Kit kat. I enjoyed my tea.
  • brandi_kae
    brandi_kae Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've found that there is a lot of satisfaction in "no thank you"! Especially since I've been able to lose weight. Plus, having to log a donut or a cupcake is defeating!
  • silenthunder
    silenthunder Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    While I didn't fully resist (I did get a croissant) I only ate half of it and have saved the other half. And you know what? It really wasn't as amazing as I expected it to be :)

Keep it up :)
    'I like your post a lot because you focused on the actual tast of the croissant and how it didn't really 'do it' for you. I try to keep reminding myself of that when I get cravings - that the thing i want really won't be as good as i think it will - and that the enjoyment from it will be a very transient thing that I can probably live without :)
  • kms2896
    kms2896 Posts: 4
    Options
    Way to go!! This happened to me last week. I was able to resist it in the morning but caved in the afternoon.
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I work in fast food and when I got off of work last night my husband wanted to order food...which made me want food, but instead I went home to eat some low calorie cheese popcorn while he enjoyed his cheeseburger and fries! WILLPOWER!
  • EveyRose
    EveyRose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Will power is an amazing thing. Both my husband adn I are emotional eaters so when we have a bda day at work generally the first topic of conversationis what bad fast food are we pickin gup tonight. In the last week or so I've been doing much better in whatever we do end up getting I split into two so that I can spread the calories out over two days...which is a miracle for me two months ago I wouldn't of cared abotu havign to see that huge number come up on my food log, I would of just not put it in...we all grow and change no matter what age we are.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! There always seem to be temptation at work and your ability to resist is amazing!!
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Great work on sticking to your plan!

I totally would have ate a cronut! I really am dying to try one!
  • hellokitty040951
    Options
    At work is the hardest. When people bring in unhealthy things to share its difficult to resist, even more so when people ask "Are you on a diet or something?" when you decline those treats. My honest answers is that I'm trying to eat better. Keep up the good job!