Awesome job. Keep up the amazing, hard work
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the great work!
  • Binnee95
    Binnee95 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thank you for the motivation and inspiration! :)
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! How close are you to goal?
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Fantastic loss, my friend. WTG!
  • wants2travel
    wants2travel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look great! Well done!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! Keep it going!!!! :):)
  • cboelens
    cboelens Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!
  • horsebeauti
    horsebeauti Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go girl!!:)
  • Pusarah
    Pusarah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Great job thus far! Gl with your continued success!
  • jenjim2021
    jenjim2021 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: That is fantastic! You are doing a great job!
  • NattieRose80
    NattieRose80 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Amazing! and very Inspiring!
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! You look awesome!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Tight_Fit
    Tight_Fit Posts: 453
    Options
    Amazing! I just posted my first success story today, as I too, have lost 80 lbs!
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I just posted my first success story today, as I too, have lost 80 lbs!

Great job! It feels so wonderful, doesn't it?

And thank you everyone, for the encouragement. :D
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You look incredible and must feel terrific! Way to go!
  • muzichick
    Options
    Wonderful job! How close are you to goal?

~50 pounds away still, but I'll see where I get down to without having to get nuts, and I'll evaluate then.
  • ksheeler13
    ksheeler13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    amazing!!! how are you doing it any helpful hints?
  • muzichick
    Options
    I try to choose protein over carbs for meals and snacks. I avoid pasta, rice, bread, and potatoes whenever possible (I have been slacking here in the last week, and my weight loss has really slowed down, so I need to kick myself in the behind, and get back on track). I have my protein target set at 35%, carbs at 35% and fat at 30%.

I try to eat clean, and cook food myself. I spent the last few days batch cooking for the freezer, so I have convenient and healthy meals to grab when I don't have time to cook. I focus on quality foods over quantity.

I swapped out salty chip snacks for salted almonds. They have crunch and salt, and for 20 almonds, it is only ~135 calories.

I try to pair protein and fibre at every meal and snack.

I eat low fat dairy, but only when it makes sense. I don't eat those 35 calorie yogurts, I eat 0% plain greek yoghurt. I eat fat reduced cheese as well (Mmmm).

I try not to eat more than one serving of anything at a sitting. I put one serving of things onto a plate/into a bowl, put everything away, and eat my serving. Very rarely do I actually wind up going back for a second serving.

I am also kind and forgiving with myself. I am not always going to be 100% compliant with my goals, but I aim for 90%. If I want something, I generally eat a small portion of it, track it, and move forward. If I completely deprive myself, I wind up going overboard, and eating too much the next time.

I pack easy snacks in my purse, so I always have something to eat. I keep a baggie of almonds, and a protein bar in my purse. I also took a piece of brie with me to the mall the other day, so I wouldn't be tempted by the cinnamon buns that they make.

I have a fitbit, and I am trying to get to 10,000 steps a day, but I consistently get to 5,000+

I have cut out alcohol, except for a few times a month.

When I think I am hungry, but I am not sure, I try to drink some water, and wait 20 minutes. Some of the time, I find that I wasn't really hungry. I try not to eat, if I am not hungry. On the flip side though, I try to eat about every 4-5 hours, because if I wait until I am starving, I don't make the best choices.

I don't drink diet pop, or juice very often, nor do I drink milk either.

I hope some of this is helpful to someone. :)
  • dlbredesen
    dlbredesen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Great tips. Way to go!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!