until you've walked in someone else's shoes, dont judge!

Options
You know the saying "it takes alot of blood, sweat & tears to get where you want to be"? THEY ARE NOT LYING!!!

I have a long journey ahead of me. I started this site at 232lbs & im currently down to 211lbs. My goal is 140lbs which is where I was 3 years ago before I had my son. I am the gym 6 days a week & my body is paying the price!

No doubt about it, I sweat when I workout, I also cry when im sore because lets face it im a woman & were emotional LOL and yes I bleed! I walked into the corner of a weight machine at the gym & cut myself :laugh:

You never know how hard something is until your the one doing it! For all of you who are in this journey as well. You all inspire me! Because now I know how hard it is.

Replies

• reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    That is good to hear! I have noticed how hard it is already and I also went from 238 down to about 216 right now. Hard work really does pay off though!
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I agree with all you have said. I think that you are doing amazing! Keep up the good work because it will all pay off! I started this journey at 216 and am down to 192. My ultimate goal is to be 130-140 and I know that I have a long journey ahead of me as well but with the support and motivation this site has given me it will be a little easier. I think that the hardest part of this journey was starting. But now we are doing this! I have a favorite quote, dont know who said it but I still love it.... "Nobody said it would be easy, they just said it would be worth it." Now lets keep kicking butt and taking names!!
  • MrsAyanaj
    Options
    LOL. You know those darn machines; they just jump out of nowhere. Keep up the great work! You deserve it and so does your son! It’s all worth it when we slide in to those jeans and take peak of how it looks from the back (and a smile crosses our lips). Or we walk up a flight of steps and our legs are not shaking. Or we just feel great!
    ~God Bless
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    go FAITH!
  • deagn5
    deagn5 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    we all seem to be the same boat! i have actually lost 24lb, but my ticker only says 12 because i started losing weight before i started mfp. but i feel like i am at a stand still, i have been trying to exercise at home, but with the holidays and trying to get everything done it is difficult. i want to weigh less than i do and i want it quicker than it is coming off, that being said it becomes more difficulty at times to keep going because you seem to work hard and it isn't paying off. hopefully it will in the end.
  • americansugar80
    Options
    LOL sorry to hear you walked into a machine! ive walked into stuff and had my fair share of bruises and cuts! i even tripped over a big metal floor fan! sooo klutzy, i know! lol the sad part is im 10 days into this and i gained my 2 pounds i have shed off and was so proud of. :( i'm ready to have a meltdown or something.

It is true that people can say "oh how hard is it, really?" WELL they just dont know!!!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    You are absoultely right. But don't give up. You are worth it and you will look back at your progress down the road and will feel even more proud that you DID it and didn't give up. Nothing feels better then that! People always ask my family members how I did it and they all just reply "hard work. it's called WORKing out for a reason!" :drinker:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    we all seem to be the same boat! i have actually lost 24lb, but my ticker only says 12 because i started losing weight before i started mfp. but i feel like i am at a stand still, i have been trying to exercise at home, but with the holidays and trying to get everything done it is difficult. i want to weigh less than i do and i want it quicker than it is coming off, that being said it becomes more difficulty at times to keep going because you seem to work hard and it isn't paying off. hopefully it will in the end.

i put my starting weight from january 2008 in my start weight on MFP..i'm not giving up the weight i lost before i came here....it was "discouraging" for me to only see like 9lbs lost to date like a month or so after i joined the site so i changed it and i "advertised" it to all my friends what i was doing so they didnt think i had a HUGE weight loss...seeing my complete total loss to date since i started keeps my as* moving everyday...i strongly suggest you change your start weight to your real start weight and then add an entry for the very next day for your MFP start weight so you have that as a record....

good luck with your journey....