Question for people with before & after pics.

Options
Just curious for those who have taken before and after pics. Who did you let take them for you? How did you go about it? Cause I am so ashamed of how I look to have someone photograph me in say a sports bra and shorts. However, right after Christmas I am going to be starting my second round of ChaLEAN Extreme and would like to have pictures to look back on.

Replies

• gomezgirl76
    gomezgirl76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would set the camera on a timer & take the pix myself!! I too was to embarrassed to even ask anyone to take them for me!!!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I would just do the auto-timer on your camera and have it set up to take 3 consecutive pictures at a time. You can always set the camera on something on the bathroom counter to get the right height!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would set the camera on a timer & take the pix myself!! I too was to embarrassed to even ask anyone to take them for me!!!
    Ditto! Or take them in the mirror.
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    There are a couple ways to take them. Obviously the best way is to have someone you trust (boyfriend, good friend, mom, sibling, etc) take them for you. If that isn't an option, you can stand in front of the mirror in the bathroom with the camera to take a picture. Just might be hard to get all side. Or set the timer on your camera, if you have that feature.

Wear either a sports bra and shorts, bathing suit, tight fitting tank top, spandex shorts. The point is you want to have something to compare your after photos to. Find a solid color wall or stand in front of something that isn't very busy. That way you can see your outline.

Take a front, side, back and side to cover the bases. If you want to get fancy, you can also flex your muscles in both the front and back photos.

Hopefully you have someone in your life that is supporting your journey you can trust to do this for you. Then when you take your "After" photos you have something to compare to remind yourself all this hard work is really worth it!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I didn't do like official before photos....but I have tons of pictures of me when I was Heavy since I didn't shy away from the camera. So those are just your everyday photos of me during the holidays or out doing whatever.

My during photos have all been planned and I either take them myself or have hubby take them.
  • chazsucks
    Options
    I was wondering this too! my camera doesn't have a self timer function and i have no true full length mirrors.... hmm
  • justahorsen
    Options
    I also like to take mine in the same clothes....that way I can see the difference in the fit...
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    i just took mine with my android phone in my bedroom mirror...they don't have to be pro, just something to look at...and trust me...i was not about to let anyone catch me in nothing but a sports bra and joggers lol
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Try a walmart fitting room. Where your clothes you want your pictures in under your street clothnes, i do mine in sports bra and panties, and use their mirror.
  • Kaye8395BTS
    Kaye8395BTS Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I was too embarrassed to let ANYONE take my photos...so the only progress pictures I have are of my back, in the mirror and WOW I am glad I did that!! That is one thing I really wish I did. I mean I have photos of when I was heavy, but nothing in my skivvies :o)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    i just took mine with my android phone in my bedroom mirror...they don't have to be pro, just something to look at...and trust me...i was not about to let anyone catch me in nothing but a sports bra and joggers lol

I do the exact thing :)
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Get someone you trust. I got the wife to take them ,

now they are saved on the computer under a password lock.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of wearing a kind of loose tshirt in my before pic. Now that shirt is too big to even tell what's going on under it. As much as it may suck to take a pic in tight clothes now, its the only way to show how far you've come. :)
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Get someone you trust. I got the wife to take them ,

now they are saved on the computer under a password lock.

how do you do that? do you need a special program to be able to do that?
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I just took a couple of pics in front of a mirror.
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I use to camera on my computer. It's stable, always in the same place, takes great pic, I can see what I look like as I'm taking it, and it has a 3 second delay