I have cravings and binging 4000 calories!!!

Options
So I wanna start of by saying im 126 pounds at 5'4 and I have super intense cravings and start diets and next day I binge anywhere in between 4000 to 6000 calories of pure junk foods and I cant stop I eeat low gi foods so no refined carbs whenever I start a diet but these cravings don't go away but my main problem is I aim for perfection so whenever something goes wrong I completely fall off so I just wanted you guys to look at my diary for today and support me and give tips because I messed up a little today and its honestly taken me so much strength not to binge and I still might binge any second because im having intense cravings right now

Replies

• ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Stop looking at it as a 'diet'...to me, diets mean that you are restricting yourself from eating certain things. It's all about portion control and how you look at what and how much you are eating...take a deep breath and start with small changes at first so you don't feel bad the following day and binge.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    SLOWLY make changes! The binges are from the sugar cravings SCREAMING at you when you totally stop. Yup, that is going to happen. Know its going to happen and tell yourself you Will Not give in, OR do it slowly and cut things down and out.

Slow and steady wins the race. This is a lifetime change, and its not done in a week.

I have a friend who has dealt with binging for awhile (consistently not when thinking she'd change food) and its 'clicking' and she's truly getting through it without. YEAH! its wonderful when it happens

Good luck!
  • jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    Options
    What's wrong with being 126 pounds at 5'4"?
  • fedup30
    fedup30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You know you can eat more than 1200 cals right? Look into the TDEE plan....also....you consumed a lot of carbs so far today....start filling up on fruits and veggies, and lean protein.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    According to your profile you are male , 18 yrs and have less than 20 lbs to reach your goal. You are allotting yourself 1200 calories a day.. I'm not surprised you are starving / craving & binging.

The less weight you have to lose to reach your goal the smaller your deficit needs to be. Males naturally have a higher calorie requirement than females and at 1200 calories most women here (unless they are very small/short or old) would be having the same problems.

I would highly recommend you set your goal to lose no more then 1 lb/ week (should be closer to .5 so close to goal) eat back at least half of your calories from exercise (or better yet, figure out your TDEE and use that)
    And PLEASE read this : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • angelaneale
    angelaneale Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 126 would be tiny for me. I say you just stick to seek nutrient rich real foods, eat lots of healthy fats with your meals, and be happy!

Whoops - I didn't realize you are a guy. Eat lots of more food. Lots. Lift heavy weights!
  • bambishealth
    bambishealth Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    126 lbs @ 5' 4" is pretty great. You should be simply maintaining. I know what binges are like though. It is tough. Stick with it.
  • kmglennie
    kmglennie Posts: 40
    Options
    Clearly the aiming for perfection route isn't working well, and instead, I'd suggest looking at it as a long term process with small adjustments over time. What goals do you have at this point?
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone give diet advice to a 126 pound 18 year old male? You are going on binges because you either have a tapeworm, or your body is seriously deprived of nutrients to cause you to be so slim and starving. Why don't you just eat? Sounds like you could really eat a few cheeseburgers.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I smell a troll.
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You mentioned glycemic index so you already know what I'm going to tell you. When you screw up a little your blood sugar levels are affected which contributes to cravings. So try not to screw up in the first place. Work out hard, drink lots of water and eat 5-6 small meals instead of 3 larger ones. This helps keep blood sugar levels steady to reduce cravings also.

Then give yourself a relief valve. Once every two weeks, if you've been good and achieved your weight-loss goals, just log "free day - 4,000 calories" for breakfast and click "Done logging". Eat whatever you've been craving and don't log. You'll feel so crappy by the end of the day you'll be highly motivated to get back on track and have another perfect two weeks!
  • ccranston2
    ccranston2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    REVISED:
    Ah. just read back in the posts a bit- yes, I agree with what some of the others are saying about your age and gender as factors. definitely more high quality protein for you! Check out one of my favorite authors: Dr. Scott Connelly. He has a book out called Body RX. It's got some great meal plans in it and exercise routines for building muscle mass.
    I'm wondering if you are concerned about your stature and gaining weight - there is a right way and a wrong way. building lean muscle is obviously better than fat weight. Just keep in mind that muscle weighs more - so don't be too concerned about the scale.
    A visit to a registered dietician or a nutritionist would probably be a good idea too to get you on the right track. Most good gyms and fitness clubs have them on staff now.
    Best of luck.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Your BMI is already 21 you do not need to lose weight or go on a diet. eat normally and you'll probably reduce the 'cravings'. If you want a look see what exercise be it weights or cardio you need to do to achieve it. Losing weight isn't what you need to do
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    If you arent a troll...

If I only had 2 words to tell me 18 year old self, it would be...

"Starting Strength"

You will never be able to build muscle again in your life like you can now. Eat more - don't worry about carbs. In fact, forget about the glycemic index even exists.
  • shrimants
    shrimants Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't diet anymore. It's a mental thing and you'll guaranteed fail. Instead, follow a simple rule. Before you eat anything, whether it's a snack or a meal, drink 3 full 16oz containers of water. Not all at once, you can space it out through the day. But just try to drink that much water. You'll obviously need to start early in the day. Apart from that, eat whatever you want.

Second rule, if you are in to the challenge. Put exactly half of what you normally eat on your plate. Wait 10 minutes before going to grab seconds. This is nailing but I think you'll have curbed tour appetite enough with water to pull it off.

Last thing: eat only at specific regular times during the day. If it's not an eating time, wait. Drink water in the mean time.

Good luck!
  • md523083
    md523083 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    visit http://1smallchangeab.mynutrie.com There is a product called "Skinne" that helps with craving control and helps to mildly suppress appetite (naturally). you start noticing the difference in about 3 days. Along with a sensible diet, it makes a huge impact. Product purchases come with an app that gives you one little thing to change in your eating habits once a week.
    Good luck in your endeavors to be a healthier you!!

Uhh, yeah no advertising products on MFP.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with being 126 pounds at 5'4"?
    uh huh

are you trolling??
  • myeatingplate
    Options
    Are you for real I asked for help not for your rude judgment and saying I should eat some cheese burgers is like me saying to you to get an eating disorder
  • myeatingplate
    Options
    Are you for real I asked for help not for your rude judgment and saying I should eat some cheese burgers is like me saying to you to get an eating disorder
  • myeatingplate
    Options
    Thank you so much for your help I will take it on board