Polar Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I'm looking in to getting a polar HRM to replace my Fitbit Force that was recalled. Can anyone tell me the difference between the ft4 and the ft7? And does anyone have the loop?

Replies

• Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have had both and I have the loop. there really isn't much difference between the FT4 and FT7 just display is a little different. and the FT7 tells you what kind of work out you are doing, like fat burn or fitness. not a big deal.

I have the loop but no HRM for it don't want to wear two. I just have it because well someone gifted it to me so I have it. lol,
  • dmmfan2
    dmmfan2 Posts: 14
    Options
    Does your loop calculate your heart rate with your strap that came with the ft4 or do you have to get a new one
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    no you need a different chest strap which is bluetooth.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Both models are not that great IMO.. Loop is cool if you are OC about knowing everything you do :smile:

I used the Polar FT4 this year when I couldn't find my FT40.. It didn't last three days and went straight back to the store. I like the FT40 because there are more options on it than the FT4.. and from what I was told, FT4/7 are pretty much the same.