Insane enough for Insanity!

Options
Hi!
I'm starting Insanity tomorrow and I need your help ( yes, you!). I would to have a support network of people who are also going the through this crazy journey. People who are going to start or have started Insanity, please feel free to add me. I am on my MPF frequently and I will provide support and cheer you on as we accomplish our goals.

Replies

• ArmyWife4106
    Options
    I have been doing a combo of Insanity and P90x as well as Rockin Body. I have to mix it up or I get bored. I did Insanity once before and lost 25lbs but due to injury I had to stop which lead me off track and over time I got lazy and just gained it all back. I love the program though. Stay focused and you can do it. Good luck to you!
  • alisalikeshugs
    alisalikeshugs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement!! Hope we can motivate each other reach our fitness goals :D
  • Deb_622
    Deb_622 Posts: 694
    Options
    Hi - I started Insanity two weeks ago (starting week three today) and I love it so far! It is super tough, but makes me feel great after I've made it through another workout.

We can totally do this!!
  • alisalikeshugs
    Options
    Hello!
    Thanks for the words the support and congratulation on your success :D
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    No matter what happens, continue on doing Insanity :) that's the tip I can give you because I know it works miracles. It's the best workout dvd out there for me, it changed my life so please, please stick to it. It gets boring but you just have to push :) GOODLUCK :flowerforyou:
  • alisalikeshugs
    Options
    Not going to lie... I can't wait to see those results. Thanks for the words of encouragement! Stay wonderful :D
  • annadarelli
    Options
    I love Insanity! I've been doing it for a while and no matter how many times I do it, I still feel like I got a good workout in. I'm on MFP daily, if you want go ahead and add me! I can provide support and/or answer questions if you'd like. T25 is also a good program if you're really busy. :)
  • hahaitspriscilla
    Options
    Wooohoo! haha Insanity is a ride!!! I am on week 3. im going to add you :)
  • alisalikeshugs
    Options
    woohoo! thanks for the add :D
  • zoquo
    zoquo Posts: 75
    Options
    I do insanity just to keep fit. I complete the first month to start then mix it with some workouts from the second month to keep it interesting. This way I don't get to the end of 2 months and just want to stop. I do it everyday (minus rest days) and I love it. This is my 3rd month in total since I started doing it daily. My cardio is now awesome and I pretty much can keep up with those in the video. I recommend you go slow to start or you'll burn out. Keep your own pace and rest when you need to. Also I substituted some of the exercises that were too hard on my lower back until it was strong enough then started to do some of the harder moves once my back was up to it. I really hurt my back the first time doing it as it just wasn't strong enough at first. Feel free to message me for any advice about insanity. Good luck and the first week is the hardest. It just gets easier the longer you stick at it. I am amazed at the improvement to my fitness and it just drives me to keep going. I want to look like the girls in the video and to keep up with them for every exercise. Not quite there yet. But it's my goal!
  • alisalikeshugs
    Options
    Hey! It's so great that insanity worked out great for you!
  • Kelce4Fit
    Kelce4Fit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm at the start of my second week of insanity!!
  • captmel
    captmel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Tuesday! add me if you'd like!
  • Nadisay
    Nadisay Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi, I started it and stopped due to my. New baby, am starting again as I have joined this site and thinking it will incorporate well with the program. But will b doing it only 4 times a week for now. Started again this monday. Not sure how to estimate the cals burnt. Any ideas?
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Check out the message boards, there may be an Insanity group out there.
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started it and stopped due to my. New baby, am starting again as I have joined this site and thinking it will incorporate well with the program. But will b doing it only 4 times a week for now. Started again this monday. Not sure how to estimate the cals burnt. Any ideas?

I picked up a HRM before starting Insanity just so i wouldn't have to estimate my calories. I also created my own exercises in MFP.
  • alisalikeshugs
    Options
    I just added you! And congratulations on completing your first week :D
  • alisalikeshugs
    Options
    Yay! Just added you :)