travel snacks

Options
wink212
wink212 Posts: 46 Member
I'm going to be a sponsor on my daughters school trip. we will be on a bus MANY hours. I don't have a way to pack meals and will just have to hope we stop at places I can find healthy options but I want to pack as many healthy snacks as I can. I'm looking for suggestions. I'm already planning almonds and fruit but that will get pretty boring over 5 days. Anyone have some easy to pack low cal/fat suggestions that will travel well?

Replies

• acarmelo1
    acarmelo1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    How about Protein bars from special K?
  • vellablu
    vellablu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of the Tuna in a pouch. They are only 80-90 calories and covers your protein. You can pack a couple of these and stop at a rest stop and get a plain salad. Or bring some low-carb pitas or veggies to eat with it. http://www.starkist.com/products/starkist-flavor-fresh-pouch

Also, hard boiled eggs! Another protein w/ no carb snack to bring. You can either pack them or you can buy them at most Quick Checks/711s/WaWas.

Greek Yogurt as well is filling and easy to pack.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    beef jerky
    celery cuts and carrot cuts with peanut butter
    walnuts mixed with dried cranberries
    boiled eggs in its shell
    your daughter's favorite dessert
  • Travelbug1955
    Travelbug1955 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I always take along some Atkins and Zone bars. Bring some fruit like apples, oranges, tangerines, pears and grapes to snack on. Baby carrots and celery sticks, jif mini peanut butter containers and some crackers. Good luck on your trip and have fun. Be sure to bring a deck of cards.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Fruit, popcorn, jerky, granola bars, protein bars, nutrigrain bars, any other kind of bars... trail mix, pretzels, Special K cracker chips, fruit cups, applesauce, dry cereals, tuna, and crackers.