so excited! my first 10lbs are gone!

Options
meca85
meca85 Posts: 81 Member
Since February I was dreading getting on the scale, but I.finally sucked it up and got on on February 26. I started doing 30 Day Shred, and finally weighed myself and found my 5'2" body to be at a whopping 169.8, almoat 170.
I then did a cleanse which a lot of people bashed, but since then i was super focus and started seeking and cooking healthier foods, alternatives. i've made turkey burgers, turkey chili, a variety of garbanzo salads, kale salads, quinoa sides, lentil sides, and have been tracking my calorie intake but because I am working out (also using a HRM) i try to analyze my macros so i'm not only consuming "food" but nutritious food.

I haven' felt deprived or hungry at all.
The foods that i incorporate into my day now, really keep me full and sometimes I found myself at night looking for kore just trying to reach the minimum calorie intake.

I now feel amazing, one of my proudest moments was going up the stairs and work and realizng i no longer huff and puff to get to just the 3rd floor. =)
Also when my Wii Scale said my BMI was out of.the "obese" range =)

These are just the first 10lbs, and hope to lose at least another 30lbs.

1395741995412-1_zpsgjlmqcan.jpg

I have just have 5 more days to complete 30DS too.

It's a long journey but it is NOT impossible!

I love this-
c921618648f3a5558a13cf218a65423e_zpsjfy2lycu.jpg

Replies

• lucasmoten
    lucasmoten Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Sometimes it feels great to be "overweight" !
  • meca85
    Options
    Woohoo! Sometimes it feels great to be "overweight" !
    hahaha it's true!!!!
    feeling good =)
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    Congrats!
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Awesome news! Congrats!!
  • meca85
    Options
    Thank you...
    Losing 40lbs seemed impossible, but I decided to take it 10lbs at a time. So this is just a quarter of my end goal and happy that my effort resulted in something :-)
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    A big congrats! You are on your way!!!!!
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Slow and steady wins the race, right? :)
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    YAY, good job! Nice and slow is the way to go : D I just dumped my first five and hitting that first milestone is super exciting!
  • meca85
    Options
    Thank you all!
    It'a nice to get that support.
    And i'll send you nothing but positive vibes to keep up your progress.

I feel like at the end of the day yes we owe it to ourselves to get in shape, but as daughters, mothers, sisters, wives, or just friends we should take care of ourselves to enjoy life with our loved ones. <3
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    congrats! :) i'm in a very similar place right now, started at 172 5' 3.5", and while just barely "obese" i was and it terrified me. And it feels great to be far from that place now in weight but mainly mindset :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!