Perfect Lunch: Period

Options
MaiLinna
MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
That time of the month effing sucks. You're cramping, you're tired...yuck. I do have a nice pick me up for your lunch time at least! Peanuts are rich in magnesium, which helps relieve cramping, whole grains help reduce your cravings, and veggies are just awesome and filled with all sorts of things from calcium (broccoli, kale) to Vitamin C (bright peppers,) so grab a bushel of your favorite veggies and chop em up!

Thai Peanut Noodles: Serves 2

4 oz. favorite brand and style of 100% whole wheat pasta
I used broccoli and zucchini as my veggies

While the water's boiling and the veggies are sauteing in a pan with a touch of sesame oil or just some reduced sodium soy sauce, get a bowl large enough to hold everything and still toss the pasta and veggies in.

2 tablespoons peanut butter (I prefer Smart Balance Natural Chunky, but everyone has their own favorite)
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon water
1-2 teaspoons coconut milk (I used sweetened vanilla almond milk because I didn't have the coconut)
1 pinch of fresh cilantro
1 pinch (to taste) pepper flakes

Just mix everything in the bowl. Taste it to make sure the lime isn't too strong. If it is, add another teaspoon of milk. If you use sweetened vanilla almond milk, it has enough sweetness to avoid adding sugar to the sauce. Once the pasta is done, drain it, rinse it under hot (or cold, if you prefer) water and drain it well before slopping it in the bowl and tossing it til it's coated. Top with the veggies and eat it!

Calories: 325
Fat: 9g
Sugar: 6
Sodium: 242 mg
Protein: 14g
Fiber: 8

Replies