sample menu

Options
I am on 1,300-calorie plan. I can't seem to put together a daily menu that doesn't put me over in either fat, protein, or sugar. Any sample menu plans available?

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    going over on protein is actually a good thing, as MFP sets protein goals at only 15% of macros which is really ridiculously low. Also they don't make a distinction between ADDED sugars and naturally occurring ones so unless you have a medical reason to track all the sugars (such as diabetes or hypoglycemia), just skip that one too. And the fat goal given is borderline as well. You can pick what shows in your tracking if seeing the red bothers you, and you can manually change your fat/carb/protein percentages if you so desire, under the "goals" tab in your My Home section.

Personally I choose to aim for 35% of my calories daily from protein, 35% from carbs and 30% from fat. I'm usually over on my fats by a few but as long as my overall calories are still under my limit I don't freak. I'd honestly rather be over on fats than on carbs.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if you want to take a look, but I usually go over on something. I find it hard to perfectly stick to macros, but I try to get closest to calories.

Actually, some days I go over on fat but under on carbs but the next day it might be opposite.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    going over on protein is actually a good thing, as MFP sets protein goals at only 15% of macros which is really ridiculously low. Also they don't make a distinction between ADDED sugars and naturally occurring ones so unless you have a medical reason to track all the sugars (such as diabetes or hypoglycemia), just skip that one too.
    ^This.

I use MFP's protein & fiber goals as minimums, and ignore fat & carbs. It will take trial & error to find what works for you.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • djs2303
    djs2303 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Think my diary is open, im on 1200 calories a day, working out minimum 3 times a week (Gym mon, wed, fri) and walking or badminton in between.

Feel free to request friends :)
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Think my diary is open, im on 1200 calories a day, working out minimum 3 times a week (Gym mon, wed, fri) and walking or badminton in between.

Why are you eating so little??
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options

Why are you eating so little??

+1
    Am confused.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

eat some food man. A 33 year old man should be on far more than that. When I was your weight(according to your profile ) I was eating 1800 and eating back half my exercise calories and losing 2 pounds a week. What you are doing is in no way sustainable and really that is no need all you will do is lose muscle mass and in all likelihood will end up regaining any weight you lose
  • djs2303
    djs2303 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    :( I don't know, What im eating is filling me, im just eating a lot healthier then I was before, my diaries are packed with food, just healthy, eating a lot of salads, but with tuna, or ham, chicken for dinners, ive lost 13 lbs in 30 days, so I presume something is working :S Im currently doing cardio (Treadmill, Cross Trainer and Exercise bike 18mins +3mins cool down on each) and buring around 500 ish calories a time, I am up at 6-30 to 7 every morning, and in bed for around midnight, I don't sleep during day so im managiung it pretty well I think atm...

however, what would you suggest I be on? I don't like the idea of eating for the sake of eating...but would welcome any advice :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Everyone's goal should be to find the maximum number of calories at which you lose weight—never the minimum. Food is fuel.

Read the Sexypants link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am on 1,300-calorie plan. I can't seem to put together a daily menu that doesn't put me over in either fat, protein, or sugar. Any sample menu plans available?
    You are more than welcome to look at my diary. It is open to all. Go back a couple of days and see what my days look like. I am on 1200 cals. I like variety so I really don't have meal plans. I cook a lot of my own dishes and freeze them so I can almost always find something that sounds good.:smile:
    Feel free to read my profile and add me as a friend if you wish :flowerforyou: