Help

Options
lkaze
lkaze Posts: 2 Member
How can I stop eating in the evening after supper?

Replies

• Zoocachoo
    Zoocachoo Posts: 23
    Options
    What I do is find something to do that distracts me like gaming, walking or reading. I get into trouble if I'm just sitting watching TV or something that allows my hands to be free lol.
  • Rusty612
    Rusty612 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my tips:

- Commit to eating only one thing after dinner - like baby carrots. I can tell myself "you can eat 500 million baby carrots after dinner, but nothing else" - it's pretty hard to destroy a whole day with carrots.

- Save 100 calories for after dinner.

- Eat dinner later in the evening - I eat at 8pm and go to bed at 10 (but dinner is my smallest meal of the day, usually around 300 cal)

- Find a delicious drink that doesn't have calories or caffeine - I drink carbonated water. I drink like 32oz in the evening (which means I pee a lot at night, but OH WELL)

Snacking at night has always been my biggest downfall... sometimes my cravings are so bad I just put myself to bed! There's also a website called HabitForge.com and it can help you set a single goal and then it asks you about it every day. If you set a goal of "no eating after ______ pm" it will email you every day with a yes/no question - the goal is to get to 21 days, and it's remarkably effective.

Good luck!
  • lkaze
    lkaze Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thank you, I will use your tips