Not so supportive friends in life..

Options
I try not to brag about my weight loss to a good friend of mine...but we were talking earlier, and I tell her will i splurged on pizza a little, and I think its gunna take me a few days to work it off...then she says right out.."I think your belemic." Where the hell did that come from? I told her if i was i'd be puking everyday of everything I ate and I do not do that and never would put my health at risk like that. Still says a few times..your belemic, thats another way besides purging...you wanna binge, then wanna exercise to burn it off. I love to exercise in general, and wanna work even harder when it comes to my slip ups.

Replies

• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I guess we all are then. Aren't we SUPPOSED to work off the calories we eat?

I am sorry your friend said that to you. It must have felt like a slap in the face. You have supportive friends here, and while I know it's not the same, it's something. Hang in there, girl. Jealousy and shame take many forms and pop up in places you'd never expect.
  • reginabroyles
    Options
    sounds like she dont know what she is talking about! Keep up the good work and dont dwell on her negativity! :)
  • ktblum
    ktblum Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    lol wow. Sounds like she may have a hard time accepting the fact that you've made healthy life changes and maybe she hasn't. It's amazing how people can make something as good as exercise out to be the bad guy. Of course you would want to exercise, and of course if you over-ate you'd want to maybe do something extra. Good job!
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    When people don't know what to say they should just be quiet.
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    Is this something you do daily? binge and then over exercise? Because if that's the case she might have a point (though I would think a doctor is the one to give a diagnosis on bulimia not a suspicious sounding friend).

If you splurge once a week/month/season then no, I would not consider you bulimic.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Green eyed monster of jealousy maybe??? You should counter balance food intake and exercise!! Bulimia is serious very serious!!! It is almost like eating one m & m and running 10 miles to get rid of it...
  • POLAR_PRINCESS87
    Options
    congrats
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that is on the HCG diet and she is not supportive of me and my lifestyle either. She thinks she has the only way to lose weight and since she is losing it faster she thinks I am rediculous for doing it the proper way. The problem with jealousy towards other people losing weight is that anyone can do it. All it takes is will and dedication. It makes me sick that people can not be happy for their friends when they make good choices. My friend actually stops talking to me when it is noticable that I have lost more weight. How silly is that? Keep your chin up and keep going! You know you look better and feel better and thats all that counts!
  • Toothfairyy
    Toothfairyy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have a friend we been friends since 8th grade( Were 51 now) she was in my wedding we have been though everything together but i cant seen to share my diet stuff with her and I wasnt going to tell her of my up coming surgery ( Lap Band) but I did . I know shes not happy for me cause thats the kind of person she is. So it kinda makes me wonder how have we been friends all these years?
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    No, i usually have a binge like every couple of months...and "cheat" 2-3 days per week...still working on cutting down.
  • cowpoke06
    Options
    When people don't know what to say they should just be quiet.

couldn't have said it better myself
  • JaneZv
    JaneZv Posts: 200
    Options
    The people here are great, many are supportive. Losing weight is one thing where there always seem to be a lack of support from friends or family in our daily life. I see no problem with indulging in one or two "cheat meals" to reward ourselves for all the exercise and healthy meals we eat daily. :smile: