not losing anymore weight!

Options
I need help! I have started dieting and light exercise ( which isn't much..but getting better and better everyday) about 4 weeks ago. I was doing ok until this past week. First week I lost 3 pounds and then 2 pounds every week after that. Which as far as I understand that is the healthy way and the right way of losing weight. I started my weight loss at 242 and now 4 weeks later I am 234. Last week I have nly lost one pound and haven't lost any since. I am suppose to lose 2 pounds a week. I know sometimes u have to change up what you eat..but don't you think its alittle too soon for that? I mean I only lost 8 pounds. I eat a lot of those lean cuisine and healthy choice frozen meals. Should I stop? I stay at 1300 calories a day. And just a few days ago started going on the eliptical a few times a day because I can only do it for 2 mins at a time. I know 2 mins is not long at all! Lol. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm freaking out and need new ideas to do to keep weight loss going.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    weight loss is not linear...

Not losing one week is not that big of a deal, even 2-4 weeks is not that big of a deal...now going 2months that would be something...
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not going to be linear. There are going to be weeks where you do everything right and don't see a drop on the scale, or even a slight gain. You could be retaining a little extra water from the exercise, sodium in the microwave meals, or hormones (are you nearing your TOM?) and this can mask any fat loss that's happening in the background.

You probably don't need to change anything yet. Drink plenty of fluids to help flush out any water weight and give it some time. You should see the scale start to move in the right direction soon!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Yep, what they said and your baby is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • trishamr1080
    Options
    Thank you about the baby. I almost lost all my baby weight (had emily heaven at 12/20/2013). Now I'm just trying to get the rest off. I want this to be life changing. Not to just lose weight real quick to pack it back on. So its very important to me to lose weight as healthy as I can. I am glad you guys don't think I really need to change up my diet yet. So if I'm gaining water from exercising drinking a lot of water will help?
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'd be over the moon if I lost 8lbs in 4 weeks. Or even 1lb
  • Working2BThin
    Working2BThin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes, drinking water will help. It will flush out some of the sodium. Your body will also retain water if it's not getting a steady supply of it.
  • trishamr1080
    Options
    Yea I guess I should be happy about it. Its just kinda floored me because I was steadily losing for a few weeks then didn't see any change in the past few days. At least I know now its not anything I'm doing wrong.
  • k1431
    k1431 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My baby is a teenager now, but I remember that being a new mom was hard. I think that you will lose the weight & you will get in shape, but try to be kind to yourself as you do it. Try going for more walks, and eating lots of healthy vegetables (cauliflower, spinach, etc. - things that are naturally full of vitamins & low in calories). I find that I lose well when I eat chicken & fish. Log everything so that you know how many calories you are consuming. You can't do this overnight, but you will do this.
  • FarTooJones
    Options
    I'd ditch the frozen tv dinners. Probably a lot of sodium that could cause you to retain water and they're generally just not as healthy as advertised.
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're in a pretty much identical situation (I'm at 232 and eating ~1300 net calories per day). I've been able to get out of stalls by shaking up my routine (consuming a few hundred extra calories one day and a few hundred under goal the next, changing my exercises and intensity levels) and drinking tons of water, but the key thing really is patience. I'm working at not getting frustrated when I don't see changes on the scale all week or "only" lose 1lb a week instead of my goal of 2 (even though 1lb a week is a better result than I've ever had at previous weight loss efforts).

(Of course, I could also probably invest in a scale with more precise weight measurements... my current one just rounds to the nearest half pound.)