Not hitting 1200

Options
Hey guys

Don't worry, this isn't one of those "I can't hit my calories oh nos!" post, because I normally have no problem eating my calories! I'm just wondering if it's bad that the last few days I've been very under because I've been sick. I don't want to do any damage, but I just haven't had any appetite, and I'm wondering if I should force myself to eat. It's not a stomach bug, just a cold.

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• BrieFit18
    BrieFit18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey, I get what you mean, that happens to me as well when I have a cold. I usually just eat foods that are easy to digest and high in calories like toast with peanut butter or lots of bananas :)
  • snappyapples
    Options
    OOOO peanut butter toast with bananas and honey drizzled on it! That's a great idea.
  • blackwidowpritchard
    Options
    If i am completely honest i have heard a lot of people that are coming down with the same thing you have, its a cold yet they are being sick...

my best advice is honestly not to worry, it is just the bug leaving your system, you will start to get your appetite back slowly. forcing yourself, you might force yourself to be sick. if your stomach is not ready for it then i would not push it. i used to force food down me when i had no appetite and i bloated up and felt really ill and it made me really tired and feel nauseated.

keep drinking water.. a lot of it.. try to think of foods that you normally enjoy, see which one tickles your fancy. if you are worried about not eating start of slow, crackers to things like toast and then soup....
    A set back on your calories is nothing to worry about. bugs happen, they are a pain but that is just something put in the way to challenge you.
    I hope you get better soon =)
  • variaironhawk
    Options
    Don't worry about it too much when you are sick. Your body is processing differently during this time and sometimes lack of appetite is because you don't need it as much. But yes, toast with peanut butter is a good one, because it gives you instant carbs for energy and protein which will help you feel full longer and going to help your body heal. I hope you get to feeling better soon.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You can always try a banana ice cream; add about 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla extract and cacao with 2-3 frozen bananas in a food processor. Chocolate 'Ice cream' that's easy on the stomach, and tasty. Plus, you get tons of potassium and good things to help you kick that cold in the butt!
  • cloudstar88
    cloudstar88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much, but you can always have things like soup and smoothies so at least you're getting something, and its easy to drink too :) get well soon!
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. I don't usually eat much when I have a cold. Usually just some soups, warm milk and stuff.