Can you edit your recipes?

Options
I clicked before all the ingredients were listed. Can I edit or is it best to delete and start again?

Replies

• Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    With the new recipe calculator, I tried and tried to find a way to edit recipes, and couldn't find any. So it's probably better to delete it and start over.

I don't know why they changed the recipe calculator. The new one is hard to use and impossible to edit!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Looks like you can still edit - just click on the recipe and delete/add what you want to change....
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Just go to the recipe click on it. Delete an item or add an item. You can not change the ity (ie 1 tbsp vs. 2 tbsp). You just have to delete the line item and reenter it.
  • momofpgn
    momofpgn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I'll mess with it again tomorrow from a computer, not a phone. That might help.
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I also can not figure this out from my phone. I often make the same thing a few nights a month but change ingredients here and there and would like to be able to edit instead if remaking the whole recipe.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You edit the recipes on your phone app, but not on the computer,

I just found this out last week myself.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I also can not figure this out from my phone. I often make the same thing a few nights a month but change ingredients here and there and would like to be able to edit instead if remaking the whole recipe.

This works with the iphone app - very simple to change quantity. Just go to settings-My Foods and Exercises - My Recipes, then select the recipe. You can change ingredients or the quantity of ingredients easily. This is super useful if you make the same recipes again and weigh ingredients...easy to modify quickly. I also often use this as my shopping list.

However, I just learned that if you make a recipe with the new recipe builder, it cannot be edited at all on the iphone app. Super irritating. I'm going to stick with the old recipe builder.