Do you work out in the morning or at night?

Options
kendall916
kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
I've noticed the past couple of days that I would be on the stationary bike at night.
I like working out at night because I don't have to worry about running errands or preparing/eating a bit meal (don't have to worry about logging a huge meal after dinner :tongue:). I can just sit and pop in a good movie with subtitles while I work off the pounds.

Replies

• QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! I usually do it in the afternoon or whenever I'm free. I'm too lazy to do it at night, I'd probably just end up waking myself up and not be able to go to bed.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I work out usually between 12pm-2pm. And sometimes between 9pm and 11pm... That's mostly because I work evening shifts, but when I'm off I like to spend the day with other activities, and get to the gym late.
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Lucky you! I'm a horrible night owl. My theory is if I work out at night it will make it easier for me to fall asleep. :laugh:
  • cpridmor
    cpridmor Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have to work around my kids. I'm either up before everyone else at the crack of dawn, or (on weekends) I squeeze it in during their nap time. If they weren't the determining factor, I think I'd prefer to work out everyday in the morning. It's nice to get it out of the way, shower, and do my hair and makeup only once!
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Whenever douchcanoe central with the obligatory muscle t's and douchettes from yoga pantsville are not overpopulating the gym.
  • guerrerostrong
    Options
    Food for thought . Getting up AM to work out will melt the pounds away for sure and give you great energy for the rest of the day. I know that it sound like your body would get tiered faster but not true. I have done this and wow big difference in my daly activities for sure mood is great happy felling good looking good. You should try it some time. One of the big helps for this is your 3,6,9 fish oil this will help you sleep better after the late night gym workout when you cant sleep after that shower. Trust me this works. Some fish oil help assist weight loss as well so you burn calories while you sleep. My weight was 237 and the beginning of February now my weight is 211 that going hard in the gym. There are some tricks that I found useful for dieting and all that, let me know if you guys have any question. I not bull****ting I can help. Sorry got off subject but yeah we all trying to get it in.
  • jacquiearchambault
    jacquiearchambault Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Food for thought . Getting up AM to work out will melt the pounds away for sure and give you great energy for the rest of the day. I know that it sound like your body would get tiered faster but not true. I have done this and wow big difference in my daly activities for sure mood is great happy felling good looking good. You should try it some time. One of the big helps for this is your 3,6,9 fish oil this will help you sleep better after the late night gym workout when you cant sleep after that shower. Trust me this works. Some fish oil help assist weight loss as well so you burn calories while you sleep. My weight was 237 and the beginning of February now my weight is 211 that going hard in the gym. There are some tricks that I found useful for dieting and all that, let me know if you guys have any question. I not bull****ting I can help. Sorry got off subject but yeah we all trying to get it in.

I would love to learn more about the fish oil for weight loss.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Afternoons for me.
  • guerrerostrong
    Options
    What Are Omega-3 Fatty Acids?

Omega-3 fatty acids are found in fatty layers of cold-water fish and shellfish, plant and nut oils, English walnuts, flaxseed, algae oils, and fortified foods. You can also get omega-3s as supplements. Food and supplement sources of these fatty acids differ in the forms and amounts they contain.

There are the two main types of omega-3 fatty acids:

Long-chain omega-3 fatty acids are EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). These are plentiful in fish and shellfish. Algae often provides only DHA.
    Short-chain omega-3 fatty acids are ALA (alpha-linolenic acid). These are found in plants, such as flaxseed. Though beneficial, ALA omega-3 fatty acids have less potent health benefits than EPA and DHA. You'd have to eat a lot to gain the same benefits as you do from fish.
    Fishing for Facts: What Studies Reveal About Omega-3s and Fish

In addition to omega-3s, fish is high in protein, vitamins, and minerals. And, it's low in saturated fat.

Hundreds of studies suggest that omega-3s may provide some benefits to a wide range of diseases: cancer, asthma, depression, cardiovascular disease, ADHD, and autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis.

How could fatty acids be so beneficial for so many different conditions?

"All these diseases have a common genesis in inflammation," says Joseph C. Maroon, MD, professor and vice chairman of the department of neurological surgery at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Co-author of Fish Oil: The Natural Anti-Inflammatory, Maroon says that in large enough amounts omega-3's reduce the inflammatory process that leads to many chronic conditions.

For these and other reasons, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the American Heart Association, and the American Dietetic Association recommend eating two 8-ounce servings of fish each week.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Night after the kids go to bed.
  • guerrerostrong
    Options
    Check out a brand called Olio by BIORHYTHM. I not here to push or help sell anyone particular brand of fish oil there is a million of them outer but only some that acutely work actually. This one works for me. I have a new buddy that owns a Max Muscle store in San Jose ca off blossom hill road his name is Chris Law a body builder that won 1st place.This guy is super cool all about helping the next person that is really out to get it in. I whet in there and just told him what I was trying to do and what supplement I had and how I was taking them, he pulled out a sheet of paper and wrote down how and when to take them wow a big difference lost big weight. Chris did not even try to sell me anything I was going to buy a $80 dollar whey protein and he said that **** don't work and he would not even sell it to me. Look I not stupid and know when someone is trying to play me. This guy was on his game and talk to me about this fish oil. I don't know take it this info for what it is. Let me know if this even helped anyone. I not a person that usually type any post but what the heck. By the way check out that Guy Chris Law dude is ripped or you can just call him at this shop Max Muscle San jose ca 95123 blossom hill location.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    6am for a workout before the day begins and then I'll go to a group fitness class in the evening at the gym. So both!
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    wake up 3, do stuff, arrive @4:30am :) Favorite part of my day nobody can mess up.
  • rebelduck
    rebelduck Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Commute to work: 15 minutes of brisk walking.
    Lunch break: 30 minutes of brisk walking.
    Commute home: 15-30 minutes of brisk walking (depending on route).
    While dinner is in the oven: 20-30 minutes of a video workout.

I am not a morning person — and although I find I have more energy throughout the day if I do manage to exercise in the morning, it's hard for me to get up in time to do it before work. After dinner a workout gets my energy back up, burns away the stresses of the day, and makes me feel like I earned my dinner.
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wake up at 5am to workout at 5:30-6am.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    At night. I already get up early enough.
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    YES.

Run/Bike - mornings
    Weight lift - mornings & evenings
    Swimming - evenings
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i go run at 4am for a couple hours. then usually yoga or something after work around 5-5:30pm.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I do both. I work out in the evenings after work during the weekdays and early morning on the weekends.
  • jang711
    jang711 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:00a.m., leave house by 4:30, for hour ride to the gym then work out 5:30 to 7:00, done for the day (except for the mile walk at lunch every day) and feeling great.

When the weather warms up it's a 5K run at 4:30 a.m. love the morning work outs.:happy: