Diary Review Please

Options
OK I hesitate to do this but I am looking for some advise on my diet. It has been suggested that I am not eating enough food vs the amount of fitness I 'm doing. I use one of two ways to "calculate" calories burned for exercise, if I'm outside I use Runkeeper and it calculates it based on real time activity and my weight, age ect. If I'm inside on a treadmill I use the numbers that the machine comes up with again based on my time, weight and level of activity. I believe these numbers are probably somewhat inflated but since I want to be consistent I just put those numbers in. I rarely eat my exercise calories anyway so I just figure a plus is a plus. A few things to consider before you "blast away":
Be kind
I am single and I mentor a herd (17+) of high school girls and do several one on one meals with them during the week so I eat out a lot.
I like to eat and I'm not aiming to eliminate particular foods from my diet IE: Only protein, Only Vegan, Only whatever. I also have several food allergies that I have to work around : Shellfish, mushrooms, Dairy among other things.
My goal is long term weight loss and sustainability, which for me includes food :-) Did I mention I like food. Carbs are a particular fondness of mine as well as salt. I'm not going to apologize for it, I believe in being real and honest.

So fire away...things I should consider, change, add?

Replies

• Jbearbarnes
    Jbearbarnes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I found your post on my computer to see just what it was about ;)
    Your diary looks good, water great. My trainer is having me eat about the same amount of food 5 times a day...also adding a protein/amino supplement because I can't eat enough food for my workouts & loose wt too.

I also try to keep my sodium under 2500, didn't see that you track yours. it's important to keep that lower as we get *cough* older, so I would suggest watching that & make sure you are getting enough protein. It's hard to say how many calories you should be eating. That depends on your activity level, height, etc...

I have found great help in enlisting some professional help. Have you tried that route? The gym I joined is only $19 a month including 2 hours with a personal trainer...I know most are a lot more $$ than that.

Best wishes!