My First Day Here

Options
Hi everyone! Since the end of summer I have gained about 16 pounds. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I am hoping for support and motivation to not only get back into a healthy lifestyle, but also back into my favorite jeans!! :( I have yo-yo'd on the South Beach diet since the birth of my youngest son, who just turned two. At my happiest, I weighed 130 pounds and was working out several times a week. I felt great, confident, sexy. Thanks to a recent divorce and a lot of stress eating, I look at myself in the mirror and am disgusted. I am so excited that I found MFP and am looking forward to being a part of this community.
Reese 2010

Replies

• camftru2self
    camftru2self Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope this site is as great of a tool for you as it has been for me. Good Luck on your MFP journey.
  • bobdubya
    Options
    You're right. 16 lbs doesn't sound like much and that is exactly why its smart of you to take care of it now. Good luck!
  • Reese2008
    Options
    Thanks for your reply! I agree with what you said, too! Because next thing I know it will be 20 pounds..25 pounds.. etc :)
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Hi and Welcome
    You can add me as a friend and we will get motivated together.
    Good Luck on your journey,
  • ironmule2042
    Options
    Welcome! You want support and encouragement? You got it! I can say from my time here everyone is always happy to help and be there when you need it most. :-)
  • Reese2008
    Options
    Thanks so much for the friend request! :) And congrats on your weight loss so far! How long have you ben on MFP?? It seems like the community is really positive and I love that. I'm excited to be here.. though I'm not even sure how I stumbled across this site... :)