Ladies! Advice needed!

Options
Hey All! Advice needed!

I think this is a question I think just for the ladies out there as not sure men can really relate lol

I work out 3-4 times a week and eat a healthy balanced diet. I have always had an hourglass figure and carry majority of my weight around the top of my legs and on my bum. Due to this i suffer with cellulite and no matter how much exercise I do or how many squats i do it doesn’t seem to want to budge. Its really stubborn and I cant seem to get rid of it. Its weird as my belly is totally flat and I dont carry fat anywer else on my body its just my legs.

I read an article today which got me thinking. The contraceptive pill which I have taken for years can increase an in balance with your hormones but it can also increase a women’s oestrogen levels. A side effect of having high Oestrogen levels can cause your body to store more fat around your legs and bum. Its solid fat which is really really hard to get rid off.

I have contacted my doctor to get my oestrogen levels tested, just wondering has anyone else had this type of problem with the contraceptive pill and weight gain around this area? If so what is your advice?

Any advice would be fab :)

Replies

• ginaward1990
    Options
    I can't speak for the cellulite issue as all my fat goes to my tummy (lame).... but i was on the combined pill for 5/6 years and the longer i was on it the more side effects i got as a result of increased oestrogen levels.... i then decided to get nexplanon (little implant in your arm) fitted and its amazing :) its progesterone only and the only side effect i was warned about was irregular bleeding but i didn't get that so all is well!
    id recommend it to anyone :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    fat is fat...and in order to get rid of it you have to be in a calorie deficet.
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    fat is fat...and in order to get rid of it you have to be in a calorie deficet.

Agreed!

You need to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight. The bummer is that we can't target where the weight comes off from first. I also carry the majority of my weight in my hips and thighs and it is appearing to be the last to want to leave.
  • nespinosa3
    nespinosa3 Posts: 116
    Options
    I have the same problem, but I carry my fat both in the tummy and in thighs/bum. I don't know how the birth control is affecting that, I'm on the pill too but I honestly can't say if I have more now than I did before or not; so I'm assuming even if I got more it's not that much. But yes, definitely it's one of those areas the body just keeps its fat. I work out 6x a week! I've been doing cardio and weight for months, my arms have gotten amazing, but my cellulite is still there. You have to burn fat overall for it to go away, but it will definitely take a lot of time and effort. There are some areas where the body lets go of its fat really quick (for me, my arms, for you probably in the ab area), and there are other ones that are so much harder to lose.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Genetics and body type are the biggest factors in where our bodies tend to store fat. You cannot choose where it will go, nor can you choose where it will come off first as you lose it. Typically the places your body likes to store fat are the last to come off. You will have to continue to be in a calorie deficit to lose the fat.
  • misssmith3579
    Options
    I wish you could target wer the weight comes off.

Soon as I loose weight it will go straight from my belly, my waist and my arms. I just cant seem to shift the weight from my legs no matter how hard I try. I do alot of cardio, about 3/4 hours a week, i eat a calory defecit diet and have slowly over last couple months introduced weights to tone my legs and rest of my body. Still doesn’t seem to work doe, I have a personal trainer who gave me a diet and an exercise plan and even his baffled as to why the weight hasn’t moved from my legs still after months and months. Its so frustrating when you eat healthy and work our bum off down the gym and it just doesn’t seem to make a difference to my legs like at all. I run about 12 miles a week and even that doesnt seem to work!!!
  • wannehunter85
    Options
    ok I haven't tried this and I have no clue if scientifically it helps, but I have heard this from my trainer. After you work out and you are in the shower if you really massage/scrub these problem areas it help increase blood flow to lower areas of fat where she says cellulite is a bigger problem. This doesn't make you lose fat or anything, but apparently done over time can help your workouts become more efficient. If anything a massage feels nice and it couldn't hurt right?
  • failteromhat
    failteromhat Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't think that you can get rid of cellulite no matter how thin you are. The scrubbing previously mentioned does help change the appearance of the cellulite though as far as I know
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Do you carry cellulite in the front of your legs or the back of your legs?

Squats aren't going to do much for you if it is the back of your legs. Even if you go ATG, squats are quad-dominant and don't give the booty and hamstrings the workout most people think they do.

Start incorporating glute isolation lifts in your workout to shape the muscle in the back of your legs. If you are only doing cardio, now is the time to stop that.

Hip thrusts
    glute bridges
    leg extensions
    glute-ham raise
    weighted step-ups
    bulgarian split squats
    lunges
    Romanian Deadlifts

Will these make cellulite go away? No. You need to lose the fat to do that. You will, however, look much better building the booty and hamstrings. You can make fat look less noticeable if you build these muscles, and if you do a body recomposition at maintenance over a long period of time, or continue eating at a deficit and losing fat while retaining muscle, you will see remarkable changes.
  • misssmith3579
    Options
    I am just cursed with cellulite it seems lol I tend to carry it at the bag more tbh, not really at the front.

Thank you so much for all the suggestions I will try them all see if it makes a difference :) fingers crossed.