Eating out

Options
I'm meeting friends this evening for a pub meal. I'm not sure what to go for. Any suggestions. It will be typical pub food.

Replies

• kezzola
    kezzola Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I ate out tonight and had the roast of the day - which was roast turkey and vegetables.
  • KatieJane10x
    KatieJane10x Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Chilli con carne is low in fat and calories and also tasty! :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm meeting friends this evening for a pub meal. I'm not sure what to go for. Any suggestions. It will be typical pub food.

whatever fits in your macros/calories
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

whatever fits in your macros/calories

This

Or just don't worry about it, eat whatever you want and go back to logging tomorrow!

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs
  • scottywor
    scottywor Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    This

Or just don't worry about it, eat whatever you want and go back to logging tomorrow!

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

[/quote]

BINGO!
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    Most pubs have cobb salads or grilled chicken/salmon salads...hit that up.

Anything with chicken breast, really. Stay away from the fried stuff if you can.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Look at the starters menu - going for something small will usually be less calories.

Soup!

Salad - watch the dressing.

Grilled or roast meats - the big cals will be in the potaotes, gravy, and yorkshire puddings, so go easy on those.
  • jipsybird
    jipsybird Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Do a work out before hand if you feel you will indulge more than you think you should. Not only will it offset what you will be consuming but you'll feel great about the workout.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I normally go for a big burger. When I go to Wetherspoons for example, you cant help but doubling up and having bacon and cheese for an extra £1...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I normally go for a big burger. When I go to Wetherspoons for example, you cant help but doubling up and having bacon and cheese for an extra £1...

yes!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Look at the starters menu - going for something small will usually be less calories.

Soup!

Salad - watch the dressing.

Grilled or roast meats - the big cals will be in the potaotes, gravy, and yorkshire puddings, so go easy on those.

Yeah, that's right. Order a roast but dont eat the meat, potatoes, gravy or yorkshire puddings....?.....?.....

Alternatively, order a burger but just dont eat the burger or the bread..........
  • arubababy
    arubababy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Chicken or fish?? A lot of places now a days have nutritional info on the menu or a healthy section Which will help a lot.

Or just go for what you fancy and don't worry about it for one day.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    disappointed.....again.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Elda do you have some sort of axe to grind? I did NOT say don't eat the meat, and I said "go easy" on the trimmings, not "don't eat them".

Sheesh.