Do you work out in the morning or at night?

Options
2»

Replies

• kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    At night. I'm just not a morning person and can not get up early to do it. My kids go to bed pretty early (by 7:30) which leaves me plenty of time to get a workout in.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Evening. I'm really not a morning person, I prefer to workout at night when I'm done with everything for the day :)
  • jclist1
    jclist1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If I am running, than 4:30am, usually 4 days a week. If I am strength training, at the gym by 5am 2-3 days a week. It is early for sure, but the only time I know I can consistently work out so that;s when I go.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I do both. Whenever I can fit into my schedule.
  • MrsBenTarr
    MrsBenTarr Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I never know what my day is going to look like during the week, so I wake up around 4 am and work out. There are no excuses at that time of the morning, and I don't have to worry if another appointment gets in the way. It seems to help me, but might not be for everyone!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I get my workouts done in the mornings before work. I prefer not to do anything productive after I get home from work... I just like to sit, relax, get my grub on, and watch the tube.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I have a hard enough time getting up for work in the morning. I'm certainly not going to get up for exercise, no matter how much I enjoy it. I generally work out during my lunch hour and then again at around 9pm.

I find, for me anyway, the night time exercise is best to relieve the stress of the day. And it still gives me time to relax before bed.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I can not work out in the mornings. I dont know what it is. Everyone says you will feel great the rest of the day with all this energy, blah blah, blah....... not for this gal. I feel horrible!!! My workouts suffer because I dont have the stamina I usually have in the evenings. So, I prefer working out after work.
  • Kargicq
    Kargicq Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's a "best" time to do it, just what works for you in terms of personal routine, and work/family commitments. Personally, I split my hour-a-day of exercise into two 30-minute chunks (one cardio, one circuit-training DVD), one early morning and one early-evening; but that's because I'm fitting around lots of other things.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I wish I was more disciplined to where I would wake up early and at least walk, I need more exercise despite working out regularly. Usually later at night.
  • mamabanana
    mamabanana Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can....I do at least 30 minute stationary cycle (as much as I hate it) in the afternoon during the kids nap time and then I either go to the gym or a dance class one hour 3-5 evenings a week when hubby is not working overtime. I would love to do morning workouts but I am not about to wake-up at 430am for it.
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I like working out. I do it when I can. I try not to stress about it. Sometimes up early, sometimes can't get out of bed. Sometimes workout after dinner, sometimes crash.