losing weight on MFP

How many of you have lost weight strictly using MFP with no other programs? And how much?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    see ticker...the first 25 was just changing habits...the last 25 strictly here since june 17th 2013
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Depends on what you mean by "no other programs." I found my daily calorie goal using several TDEE calculators (I averaged them to get my #) but I have strictly used MFP for counting those calories for over a year and lost what you see in my ticker below and am still going.
  • Does exercise count?
    Because I've only been doing that and counting calories using MFP. I'm down 26 lbs so far since the first of the year.
    Just hit 21 lbs in 2 months.
    I do cardio 5x per week and restrict calories to 1400.
    No other 'programs' though.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    16 lbs.... my slider shows 7, but I was just doing food diary for the lbs before as well....
  • bignat716
    bignat716 Posts: 18 Member
    I was wondering the same thing. That's very encouraging news. I started back full speed at the end of February and felt like I wanted to give up, mostly because I haven't seen the weight falling off as quickly as I wanted. I'm learning to have more patience and to be proud of any accomplishment I make, no matter how small. Thanks for the insight and continued luck and success to everyone.

12602173.png
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Ticker speaks for itself.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    while i am sure you can use MFP only there are other factors i have used

Cut out all fast food (save subway)
    cut back dramatically my diet soda consumption
    been more dedicated at the gym
    bought a fitbit flex

while the last one is more recent, over the last two years i have shed 60+lbs
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    4 months on it...Lost 21 lbs...4 months off it...Gained back 12...A little over a month back on it, lost 9.
    For me it is accountability and logging guilt...
    Also it's a real hassle trying to log 4000 calories a day.
    :)
  • jennbuck22
    jennbuck22 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm down almost 15 pounds in my first month! (5'10, 260 to 246) I have much more to go and know it will slow down as the months go on but I'm so happy on my first month progression!

I'm strictly counting calories on MFP, I have not cheated even one day this first month. I know there will come a time for cheat days but right now I want to shock my body with low calories/better foods.

I work out when I can but not everyday(I don't record it though)
  • myluvzs
    myluvzs Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you for all the feed back. Exercise is a no brainer I run and mm do weights but in was just curious as to what the success rate was for mfp. Thank you for sharing.
  • laurigibson7
    laurigibson7 Posts: 4 Member
    Lost 22 lbs since the start of feb this year just by counting calories. Im half way there!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    I joined MFP in late 2010. I had lost 55lb by July 2011. Then I fell off track due to many personal issues and gained most of it back but Im here to restart what I started to do and complete it.. During that 55lb loss, I basically just logged my food and exercised. No pills, no diet fads. I did it once and I will do it again!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    I lost about 10 on my own before MFP.
    Ticker shows MFP progress.

ETA: haven't cut out any foods, just eating what I like in moderation.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    There are several people on here who have lost a lot of weight. I think the people that typically have success are individuals that treat it as a science. There's no emotion involved, just numbers. Eat this many calories, burn this many calories, lose weight. Eat this balance of macros for desired body composition. Counting calories just takes a lot of unnecessary guesswork out of losing weight.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Me. Plus exercising. See ticker.
  • myluvzs
    myluvzs Posts: 10 Member
    You guys are such an inspiration for me. I have 10 to lose but they are hanging on for dear life. I have a block in my head thinking since um so close I van cheat here and there and it won't hurt. Here I am a year later still trying to lose.