What is your body fat %?

Options
Just curios. I filled in a chart with measurements and it told me i am 24.5%. Wondered what yours is and would like to get down to 20-22% or less. Not even sure if it was very accurate found it on a link off this page

http://www.builtlean.com/2010/08/03/ideal-body-fat-percentage-chart/

Peace

Replies

• bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I just did two separate ones from different sites, I got one that said 25.7 and one that said 34.7......Not even close to eachother in the slightest. On top of that that second one gave me FOUR numbers based on different algorithms.....Which one do I accept? YMCA, Navy, Marine, or U.S. Not sure which one is most accurate. So confusing :noway: :grumble: :frown:
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    33859901.jpg

Haven't done calipers in a few months cuz so damn difficult to get consistent measurements. Back then I was floating around 26-27% and MyoTape concurred. I'd be happy with lower-20s and anything lower than that is gravy. (Mmmmmm..... graaaaaavyyyyyyy.....)
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My fancy schmancy Taylor scale with bioelectrical impedance analysis says my body fat is 30%. Judging by this photo, I would say that's pretty accurate.

body-fat-percentage-women.jpg
  • zoquo
    zoquo Posts: 75
    Options
    Yeah I would like to think that mine is close to correct and looking at the photos i THINK it is but you know, i've never had a good idea about what i actually look like. Even photos vary greatly good ones bad ones even if my weight has not changed. Hmmm
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have no idea!!!

By those pictures, I feel like I'm 45%. My scales tell me I'm 29%. I've done an online test with measurements that said I was 34%.

Who knows... I'd love to get a proper test done, just to know! I have calipers...never actually used them. I may test tonight, then draw up an average from all my sources.
  • Polygontus
    Polygontus Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Last time I was measured I was at 16% body fat. I don't know what it would be now though. That was about 5 months ago.
  • chichi2130
    chichi2130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Online calculators put me at about 38%, which seems fairly accurate judging by those pictures...
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Around 20%, seems in line with the pics as well. I've had readings from 17-22...so somewhere in there.
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    How accurate are digital scales for estimating body fat?

When I first started at 308lbs it tod me I was 71% body fat, which seems a bit high but then again I was pretty big. It now says I am down to about 50% which still isnt great. Dont know if its accurate or not though.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    According to my scale, which also calculates BFP (not as precise as clinical methods but useful for trending) I started near 40% at 310#.
    202 now at 25%
    My goal is 180 and 10%. To get there I have to gain 10# of muscle and lose more bounds of fat. :bigsmile:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Online calculators are notoriously inaccurate. I go a couple of times a year for a DEXA. You get a precise reading that way... but you're better off using the photos above rather than using the online calculators. I'm about 26% now... the photo above is about right despite my having more muscle than she has :bigsmile:
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    A little under 15% according to my high end Omron scale. I don't know how accurate that figure is, but it's slowly come down from 22% since I started measuring, and it was probably 25% or more when I first started changing my ways. So no matter the actual number, I know it's come down significantly.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 16% body fat. I've been adding a few calories and upping my lifting to try to build some muscle mass, now that I'm at this body fat, because the muscle will show better.
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    hmmm.. i think im at 20%
  • mllev87
    mllev87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The online calculators give me something like 18 or 19%, but no way it's that low, based on pictures I'd say it's more like 25%.
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    14.5% Tanita scale. Sure it is not the most accurate instrument, but the other factors (weight, " appearance" - I know I am below 15% when I start getting definition below the navel, and below 12% when my cheeks start sinking a bit) track well to the measurements I had through DEXA and immersion a couple of years ago. So not perfect, but reasonable correlation.

Aiming at 10% for the summer races, but may be ambitious. Keep at it!
  • Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Last measurement I was 6.77%. I'm probably up to 8% after that last bit of work travel.
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I worked for one of the major DEXA machine manufacturers for many years. Those machines are very accurate. Most people carry more body fat than they think.
    Online calculators are notoriously inaccurate. I go a couple of times a year for a DEXA. You get a precise reading that way... but you're better off using the photos above rather than using the online calculators. I'm about 26% now... the photo above is about right despite my having more muscle than she has :bigsmile:
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I just had a Bodpod session on Tuesday that put me at 18.9%. Calipers, and the bioimpedence scale at work put me right around 19-20% as well. Visually, I'd say it correlates with the photos as well. The Navy circumference calculation puts me at the same too, so I'm comfortable with the number.

Of course, as long as you're at a healthy body fat, it really doesn't matter. The mirror and how you feel are more important.
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My scale says 30%. Online calculators put me at about 25%. I believe the scale is more accurate.

Unless you're getting tested professionally, there is no way to know what it is exactly...the calculators/scales/calipers are tools to measure progress, rather than an exact measurement. If you're keeping track of this number, and it's decreasing, you're doing something right. : )