What is the best sports bra/ bra for workouts?

Options
I am having a serious issues with the bras I have when working out. I am doing the Insanity program and my workouts become so much harder because my boobs are all over the place. I have large boobs so its really hard to find sports bras. What brand or kind of bras do you fellow well endowed women use?

Replies

• Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I got a champion high impact bra. I LOVE THE CRAP OUT OF THIS THING. My boobs don't move. (34D) And they come in all sizes. <3
  • jillian_fan2425
    jillian_fan2425 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Under Armour for the win! (I'm a 38-40C depending on the store, for the record)
  • Bammitssamm
    Bammitssamm Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for a sports bra for weeks
    I had one from Walmart but it was meh.
    Nothing else fit me, but today I found a Nike one that came in XL that fits me quite well. There was an Under Armour one too but I found it was slightly too small.
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Title 9 specializes in sports bras, including for those who are amply boobed:
    http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-and-undies.do?nType=1
  • luadams2
    luadams2 Posts: 122
    Options
    Champion makes excellent sports bras for the well endowed woman... and for those like me who just have regular sized but want that good support and comfort. I don't know if there's a Sports Authority where you live, but they have all kinds of them. Just try on a few until you find one you like. They can run a little expensive but they are durable and last a long time.
  • vanillashadow
    vanillashadow Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good Post!! I have this problem too, (36DD) often it ruins my workouts. Especially when i'm at the gym doing cardio. I see men looking at my breasts, i get self conscious and don't give my best. I wish they were strapped down even tighter!! Right now I have a ICIS high performance and a FILA running bra. They aren't horrible but I don't want ANY bounce happening! lol I will definitely check out your suggestions ladies!!
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Try Moving Comfort - I especially like their Fiona bra (I have 4 of these & 2 of the Maia). They are a bit pricey but are worth it!
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber Running Bra, I'm a 36DD and own more shock absorber running bras that normal bra's!!!
    I tend to go for the running bra as it holds them in place even during a workout class but the workout bra's don't hold them in place for the running action:)

I notice my friend who doesn't have a proper sports bra when she's out running, I just don't know how it can be comfortable (never mind the damage being done)!!
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    The victoria secret incredible (I think it's called) sports bra. I'm a large chested women and it has an UNDERWIRE.

But it's pricey as *kitten*, so I usually wait until semi annual time.
  • morgaine108
    Options
    I just got a moving comfort bra (fiona like mentioned above). I was skeptical when I looked at it that it could really be high impact, but it is amazing! I have a champion bra that is pretty good too but this is a league above. They aren't going anywhere and it's super comfy too. I am a 38 C, so not huge, but not small.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Fiona all the way.
  • prettysmitty
    Options
    Hello! What I learned is that the breast will move some during high intensity workouts. I myself am a 42G and I have gotten two bras from Lane Bryant and they are the first two listed after you click the link. And one of the best things about Cacique is that have frequent sales like buy one get one free, buy on get one half off and etc. But to each her own. I had to wear the underwire sport bra a little more loser because the wire poked me on my side boob. And the other one is a open front without underwire. I would recommend getting one in the next size under if you want a snug fit.

http://www.lanebryant.com/cacique-plus-size-sexy-bras-intimate-apparel/bras-view-all/sports-bras/4043c4044c775/index.cat
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    36DDD here and I love Victoria's Secret sports bras and Under Armour.
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    anything thick enough to not show the nipples (serious), from personal experience -_-
  • LJFitzSimmons
    Options
    I don't know what specific brand they are, but I have a couple of sports bras from Marks and Spencer's that are underwired (one wire, shaped beneath both breasts... rather than two that stick up between the breasts), and they work fantastically! I'm a 36GG and have far less problems than I used to :)

<b>Edit:</b> and by 'used to' I mean other sports bras I had when I was a D/DD cup
  • Erthlvr78
    Erthlvr78 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Enell. The most amazing bra ever, hands down. enell.com
  • chichi2130
    chichi2130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34DD and I love my Wacoal (#855170) bras. That model provides lift and separation and keeps everything in place. The band runs a little tight, so some people recommend going up a band size, but I personally like the security of the tighter band.
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have tried many (not all) of the brands mentioned, and I now swear by Moving Comfort - Fiona.
  • Quietborderline
    Quietborderline Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bless this post. Bless its little post-y heart. <3

This is the NUMBER ONE reason I don't exercise enough. I have never in my entire life been able to find a sports bra that could hold up (pun not really intended, but welcomed just the same). I will definitely be checking into some of these options. Thank you, ladies, for all the suggestions!
  • blonditz
    blonditz Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34DD and I love my Wacoal (#855170) bras. That model provides lift and separation and keeps everything in place. The band runs a little tight, so some people recommend going up a band size, but I personally like the security of the tighter band.

Love this bra. I'm a 34DDD and my boobs don't move at all, even jumping around.