New to me

Options
This is all new to me as I have done Weight Watchers off and on. Hopefully I won't have problems with counting calories.:drinker:

Replies

• mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    It's actually rather similar. With the exception of fruits and veggies being 0 points.

You can still eat whatever you want as long as you stay withing your calorie limit, just like with weight watchers and staying within your points.

In WW, you had "extra points" ... you have that when you work out. If you burn 200 calories doing an exercise, eat 100 of them back as extra calories.
  • Binxette
    Binxette Posts: 7
    Options
    The food and exercise diary is very helpful...when it comes to food, I log everything I'm planning to eat for the day and based on how close it is to my recommended calorie intake, I'll eat just that and no snacks, no carbonated or fruity drinks. The logs really help me say "NO! You don't need that! Stop it!" Because, when I don't see the number of calories in something and tell myself, "Eh, it can't be that high. Nom nom nom" I go ahead and eat what I don't need. And that's what got me into this "I'm entirely too squishy" mess. My goal is to eat at least 100 calories less than my ~1,500 cap...and exercise on top of that.

Counting calories=tedious sometimes, but really helps you see the big picture if over-eating is a problem.

Note: I just started this. It hasn't even been a month yet, so I don't see any major changes in the mirror and weighing myself is mentally excruciating...BUT I notice I eat a lot less, and I feel myself getting used to eating the right amounts and have fewer cravings. I even feel better, sleep better, everything. I'm hoping I see some physical changes soon!

Just FYI....Pinterest is full of great weightloss/exercise ideas and motivation. :)
    And download the MFP app! It's so much easier to have access to your logs on your phone.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    My goal is to eat at least 100 calories less than my ~1,500 cap...and exercise on top of that.

That's a reasonable goal as long as you aren't Netting below 1200.
  • Binxette
    Binxette Posts: 7
    Options
    My goal is to eat at least 100 calories less than my ~1,500 cap...and exercise on top of that.

That's a reasonable goal as long as you aren't Netting below 1200.

Nope. :)