Mission Accomplished w/ before and afters

Options
cfl68
cfl68 Posts: 48 Member
WOW. It's been 87 days but I have it my weight goal. Still have some toning, muscle rebuilding and body fat to reduce but I can't believe the difference. Not only in how I look but how I feel. Best shape of my life. Haven't been this weight since HS. OMG!!!! I have been viewing this message board every day, seeing all of the great stories and accomplishments. It has been truly inspiring and for that I thank you. Every year I do the "NY resolution" of getting into shape. Every year I do well for a few months then fall of the wagon and all the work goes away. So what's different this time???? I have done a ridiculous amount of research, I have figured out all the reasons I failed in the past and put steps into place to keep all those excuses from creeping back. Most of all, I have included friends and family as part of my journey and added new MFP friends to the mix. My fiancé is also on her own journey and is only 8lbs from her goal as well. I look at the before and after and can't believe its the same guy.

To all those working hard for your own goals - KEEP GOING. It works and its sooooo worth it.

To all those who have reached or almost reached their goal and time for maintenance - Love to have you as a part of my MFP Maintenance Family. Feel free to add me. :D

Losing the weight has its own challenges but many of us know, the real work is just beginning. This was not a diet. It is a lifestyle change and man does it feel good.

sw - 215.5 bf % 30.3%
cw - 175 bf % 19.6%

947424bf-e843-4e5a-9df2-8c789afd8e14_zps3c3e664a.jpg

Replies

• JimmyJazzMX
    JimmyJazzMX Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Awesome results... good for you! And in only 87 days... Whats your secret?
  • SCSTWG
    SCSTWG Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Nice work.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You look happier and healthier. Nice work!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You look younger already and the love handle on your back are all gone. Impressive results!
  • ryker789
    ryker789 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Great success!! You look amazing. :bigsmile:
  • frankysgurl
    frankysgurl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
  • lilmomma1202
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! Very impressive :)
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Looking good....well done!
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job. Congrats
  • littleprim
    littleprim Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good job! That must have been a lot of hard work, what an accomplishment :D
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    oh wow! that's from one big AB to ABs!!! congratulations
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • cfl68
    Options
    Awesome results... good for you! And in only 87 days... Whats your secret?

No secret. Same thing everyone is doing on here. I weighed, logged all my food religiously. Pre planned for those days I knew I was eating out (found nutrtional info online for restaruant I was going to), or someone where else.I constantly looked up new, healthy recipes to keep me interested. Made sure I have "snack" items so not tempted to steal from kids snacks LOL!!!!

Other part is exercise. Very simple home based area. All I have is a treadmill, dumbbells and a bench. For me, having the tools at home has been big plus for me. Not only could I do it anytime, I see the money it cost me to purchase and joiking aside, very motivating to make sure I get my monies worth LOL!!!! That little id tag on my keychain from the gym didn't give the same motivation I guess. LOL!!!

Also, I took before pics and measurments. I have had that "ugly" first set of pics on my bedroom wall so I could see it every day. I would take update pics and compare. When the scale didn't really show progress I wanted, the visual evidence sure did.

Finally, I looked on the "Success Stories" board every day. Reading peoples posts really was motivating to me. To see others reach their goals wanted me to get to mine more and more.

I met or was under calorie goal 90% of the time and was always over my calories burned goal.
    Set a pace that works for you, make heathy choices, enjoy the rewards it brings :D
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wonderful success! You look so much younger! WTG! Inspiring.
  • Jollyin14
    Jollyin14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic...I hope to post my own success story in a couple of months.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look younger! Congrats!
  • joyceb444
    joyceb444 Posts: 12
    Options
    Wow, great job; you should be very proud.!! :)
  • cfl68
    Options
    You look fantastic...I hope to post my own success story in a couple of months.

Look forwarded to reading it :)
  • JulieE1002
    JulieE1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You are in inspiration. I too read these boards to keep me going. I'm doing the same thing that you are - I just hope I get such fantastic results! Congratulations to you. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!